Another 13e, 19e & 28e Enquiry

seret

Reaction score
I notice that there is another, recent post dealing with this subject, but rather than hijack that thread, I thought it would be better to make a separate post for my particular set-up. I will, of course, take note of the information offered there.

I currently have a Lenson Heath 80cm aligned on 13e, with an offset to 19e; the dish is in great condition (aluminium?), but the LNB arm is corroding, particularly at the LNB end. I would like to add 28e, so thought about adding a third LNB, rather than putting up another dish - is this reasonable/practical in the North of Scotland? If so, is it possible to get a replacement LNB arm for my dish, or would I have to get a new dish/arm? If the latter, what are the current recommendations for good quality dishes? Similarly, LNBs? I’m guessing that compact/lightweight (as well as good performing) LNBs would be an advantage? I have been thinking about a quad for 28e, with either single or twin for 13e & 19e.

As I have never tried setting up a dish, how easy is it likely to be for me to re-align the dish, or (more taxing, I assume) install a replacement? I assume that to receive the three locations I am interested in, the dish should be aligned on 19e, so that there are offsets either side, rather than two on one side, which is what would be required with the dish currently on 13e?

Triax dishes have been recommended in the other thread – these are steel, yes? What about modern aluminium dishes? Or plastic? All the old $ky analogue dishes I‘ve seen in the area were rusting to bits a LONG time ago, but, as mentioned above, mine is fine, expect for the LNB arm – not sure if that means corrosion is particular problem in this part of the world, or was it that the majority of dishes installed were of crap quality?!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Gibertini do brackets for their dishes too, and they make Aluminiun dishes.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Indeed, an Aluminium Gibertini 85cm with an LNb offset bracket would do it, although given your location a 100cm version maybe a better option.

seret

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I take it that my existing dish is aluminium, yes?

With the exception of snow build up on the dish face, I don’t have any reception problems with my current set-up, even during heavy rain – would this remain the case when realigned to 19e? If so, would the 85cm be OK?

Please excuse my ignorance, though I am vaguely aware of the name, I don't really know anything about Gibertini – How good are these dishes? Good performance, robust/reliable, well thought of, etc.?

LNB recommendations?

TIA.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
All three satellites are very strong in the UK. An 85cm aligned on 19.2E will be no worse than your current setup. As for 28E on the offset, the signal level will be a lot better than you get on a standard Sky minidish.

This is based on what signals I get here, you being so far north, it wouldn't hurt to go for a 1m.

Only you know what your dish is made of??? Does a magnet stick to it?

Gibertini are a very well known brand and perform very well.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is the corrosion on the LH boom terminal, or just surface stuff ?

Most of the problems I have had are corrosion at the base of the arm, just under the dish, which means nothing other than replacement.

There were also reports of fake LH dishes on the market quite a few years ago, where the focal point was in the wrong place.