Another choppy channel - help! Pleeease??

Luxkatz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi All,

Me again. This time it's ITV2 that's causing me viewing trouble (oh yeah, and ABC1 is still choppy most of the time (earlier post) - no one has come up with any suggestions to fix the problem).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Would really like to watch American Idol (OK - you can stop laughing now! :p) amongst other things, without worrying about having some sort of photo-sensitive epileptic seizures... that's how choppy this channel is!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well you expect a lot without giving much info M8
Where the f*** is pj:??? what cable length run have you got? what dish size?, what receiver? what lnb, how big is your ***k. Ask stupid questions and expect stupid answers or none at all O-no

Luxkatz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Well! Forgive my blondness! I thought that this could've been a generic problem that affected the channel itself.

If, like you suggest, this is a result of disk size and cable length, then even with my limited IQ, it would indicate that this happens to many more channels than the 2 that I have mentioned. Which, by the way, it does not.

Whatever.

Thanks anyway, Mate.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Forgive my perhaps over the top post last night but I think you have to agree that in your first post you complain about not getting answers and answers will never be given without more information from you regarding the equipment and location where you are wanting to receive these programs.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As both of the channels are on Astra 2D, then it could be down to dish allignment, or possibly the power supply or tuner in the receiver deteriorating, these faults often manifest themselves on just some channels first.

I looked back at your posts and see that you are in Luxembourg with a Grundig receiver (or at least you were), the power supply on the Grundig is notorious.

@ Topper, the "pj::" has been inherited from the forum software changeover back in 2000, it pulled some odd characters into the profile fields if they were blank.