Another newbie requiring some advice...

SteveC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tevion system from Aldi
My Location
Midlands / Mainland Greece
Hi folks,

I bought an Aldi satellite kit - Think it is Tevion?? and flew it out to Greece last year. The aim was to be able to get some channels for things like BBC news and BBC 2 for the MotoGP:)

I installed on the roof of my apartment and can pick up (what I think is Bulgarian channels), however nothing from Astra. After looking through your fantastic forums I think that a) my dish is too small (guessing approx 30cm) and b) I am too far away to pick up Astra 28.2E??

I have used dishpointer.com and print the info out before leaving the UK.

Is there anything to suggest - I am flying out on Thursday and will aim to try Hotbird or Hellassat hopefully getting some greek channels that are english speaking with greek subtitles.

I also have access to a sky analogue (circa 1994) dish and receiver as well as a sky digital dish and receiver. Could these parts be utilised ie the larger dish off the 1994 sky system??

Thanks in advance - any info would be great.

Steve

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Both. Too far away and too small. I think you need a metre dish over there so not sure if the analogue dish would work either

SteveC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tevion system from Aldi
My Location
Midlands / Mainland Greece
Thanks mate for that super quick reply!!