ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Looks like E4+1 has now moved to 2D (from 2A/:cool:. One by one channels are gradually being shifted over - bad news for those of us in fringe areas who can only just afford a big enough dish for 2A/2B, and unable/unwilling to spend huge sums of cash for an even bigger dish to receive 2D.
Geoff
Cyprus (still hot and sunny - grab a flight!)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
geoffreys said:
Looks like E4+1 has now moved to 2D (from 2A/:cool:. One by one channels are gradually being shifted over - bad news for those of us in fringe areas who can only just afford a big enough dish for 2A/2B, and unable/unwilling to spend huge sums of cash for an even bigger dish to receive 2D.
Geoff
Cyprus (still hot and sunny - grab a flight!)

For every one that goes to 2D there is a spare on 2A/B,probably to be filled in by another shopping/mature content/auction/god crap that nobody everwatches anyway. )(-red . you could move to Paphos Geoff ,yur dish will be okay there.
Zorba,still hot but I have to work in this heat.anyone know a good raindance routine?

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Wonder if the whole Sky package will in the future move to similar footprints as 2D got today?

That would be a nightmare for us living outside U.K

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Likvid said:
Wonder if the whole Sky package will in the future move to similar footprints as 2D got today?

That would be a nightmare for us living outside U.K

Doubt it, although Sky make a show of preventing out of area subscriptions, I don't think that they'd like to lose them.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
rolfw said:
Doubt it, although Sky make a show of preventing out of area subscriptions, I don't think that they'd like to lose them.

So true,I remember when sky sports used to be on a weak frequency quite a while ago and then suddenly it had transferred to one of the strongest signals(over here anyway).is it a coincidence that the subscription to sky sports is the second most expensive, so that creates good revenue?What would happen if sky sports went to 2D?And why is it that sky movies 1,2,3 and 4 are on the weaker transponders?To satisfy Hollywood which M*rdoch doesn't own(yet).