Ant & tv out

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
I notice some of the latest receivers especially HD,do not have the ANT & TV out connections to the rear of the box.This allows me to send the signal to another television in another room and vice-versa.Does anybody know if there is a way to attach this connection to a receiver which does not have it?Maybe,you can buy such a device to perform this function.Any help much appreciated

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Plug in Rf modulator. Converts scart to a RF 21-69.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I've done it with and old VHS recorder I had lying about before now, as they have built in modulators.

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
When you say plug into RF modulator,do you mean the scarts still go into the receiver which I have bought that does not have ANT & TV out connections at the back,and the leads which would go into ANT & TV out will be placed into RF modulator.Also,how is RF modulator connected to the new receiver?
P.S.A friend has a Techlink AV50R,he says this will work.A box for adding more scart connections.Not sure it has ANT & TV out connections on it.Though he knows as much as me about receivers!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Take a picture of the back of your receiver and upload it.

Here's a picture of a typical modulator _http://www.triax.co.uk/upload/trilink_web.pdf you use one of the scart feeds on the back of the reciever to connect to the modulator.

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Just got the RF modulator.I bought Lab Gear as its cheaper than Triax.The problem is the connections at the back of my current reciever do not fot into the ANT & TV out of the modulator.What adaptors are needed for connections.I noticed the ANT one at the top of my Eurovox is smaller than the TV out just below it.BTW,the RF modulators have a screw in type.Any suggestions what to buy

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Can you upload an image of the connections.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You probably need to connect the receiver to the modulator with a scart lead or possibly phono leads. What are the connection on the demodulator labelled?

The RF in and out are probably F connectors, the same as the connectors on your satellite receive to the dish. This will give you a method to confirm if you "borrow" the downlead.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes the Labgear uses "F" connectors, so the aerial lead from the wall must have an "F" connector at one end, then the link to the second location will also require an "F" connector. As Satelliteman says, you need to connect from your satellite receiver by scart and adjust the output channel (shown on the LED) to something which doesn't interfere, or is interfered with by other channels.

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Just a quick msg to say its all up and running.I could not have done it without your help.Thanks to all

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location