SatBeams
Reaction score
Website
www.satbeams.com
My Satellite Setup
CM120 + T90 + DeltaStar 120
My Location
Brussels, Belgium
Is there any way to unhide "antenna setup" in Skybox menu. Sysinfo states that that the system name is Pace. I would like to add Astra 1 via Diseqc switch but could not find the way to modify antenna setup on this box.

Thanks a lot!

Alexander aka ttalex

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
There is nothing to unhide O-no
You cannot use Diseqc switching with a sky digibox it is not supported, a digibox is only any good for 28.2 East Astra 2 and nothing else

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ttalex said:
Is there any way to unhide "antenna setup" in Skybox menu. Sysinfo states that that the system name is Pace. I would like to add Astra 1 via Diseqc switch but could not find the way to modify antenna setup on this box.

Thanks a lot!

Alexander aka ttalex

All that kit you have there mate. Why would you want to do such an insane thing. :-rofl2

It will work on Astra 1(19.2E) though a bit, but the 'other channels'
menu is far too much of a pain to use sensibly.

Robbo

ttalex

SatBeams
Reaction score
Website
www.satbeams.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brussels, Belgium
Thanks for prompt reply!

So as far as I understand the only solution is to setup regular box next to skybox just to use it for other satellites?

What do people normally do to watch Sky and other channels? Are there any receivers that can support sky card?

Sorry for asking stupid questions but I have never used skybox before and one of my friends that brought the box from UK has troubles watching other channels but sky...

Thanks a lot!

Alexander aka ttalex

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You Dreambox does exactly that. :)

ttalex

SatBeams
Reaction score
Website
www.satbeams.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brussels, Belgium
So I should probably get a DM500 for my friend. Are there any manuals describing how to setup Dreambox to be used with Sky? Can you recommend any links to read?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
ttalex said:
So I should probably get a DM500 for my friend. Are there any manuals describing how to setup Dreambox to be used with Sky? Can you recommend any links to read?

I'm using several different Linux boxes (Dreambox and IPBox) with Sky cards 99% successfully (*). You need the CCcam software.

You could search for posts by myself and others in the Dreambox section; if you have any other queries then within the rules of the forum I'm happy to answer them - again in the Dreambox section.

(*) At The Races is a bit of a pain.