Any info from mid/east europe for Sirius Nordic beam?

BombedOne

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hello. I'm interested in reception info for this beam. Has anyone any info?
 
Sirius 4 Nordic Beam can be received easily in Southern Germany on 1m dishes and even smaller. Here the Europe FSS are more difficult than the Nordic transponders. The official footprint compared to Thor 5 T1 Beam fortunately is too pessimistic. Therefore even in Greece a 1.80m is sufficient. If you are interested on how the situation looks like in Romania and Bulgaria i'd recommend to ask in their local boards as well.
 
Hm, interesting...

here most of Europe FSSs are available...

I've reinstalled system from scratch, so forgot both that forum url, my username/pass there :)
 
Asked on some Ukrainian/Russian forums - 1.2m for Kuiv and 2 meter at 47N/39E (but with previous sat)
 
Sounds quite realistic for Kiev but forget the old Sirius 3. At least over the Balkans this was much harder to receive.
 
I just got quite good offer for viasat nordic package, so this is why I'm interested in it :)
 
The closest result I've managed to find online so far is from Krasnodar, Russia - about 400 km more west and north from my location. Guy manages to receive half of nordic bss transponders, using 2m primefocus dish with invacom LNB. So I can guess, that 2.4 meter dish, I'm planning to buy, won't be enough for it.
 
Even if the 2m in Krasnodar is installed very well it's almost impossible to predict how signal behaves 400km outside. Maybe it's even stronger, who knows ? And think of upcoming Sirius 5. Maybe people from NE Turkey and Armenia could help you as well ?
 
Unluckily, people from Armenia generally prefer to post on intra-nation forums mostly. As old joke says, Armenia flies on own orbit :)

There are a lot of Turkish forums but,

1. They mostly talk only turkish
2. They use pigturkish (writing turkish only with latin letters), so translation software isn't helping a lot.
 
What a pity. They would be closer to you.
 
Back
Top