penbee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ hd box with basic package
sky+ pace pvr3 out of contract
in uk
My Location
uk south
I have been looking around for a good solution. At present we are wirelessly sending signal from subscription box in livingroom to bedroom. The signal keeps dropping out I think it is the wireless router. We have 2 double lead satellite leads one set going to the hd box one curled up in corner that could be run to bedroom. (we had 2 boxes 2 tv's in livingroom for while so I could watch documentries while he watched american chopper or played ps3 but doc's never seem to have subtitles so that didnt work out so good in end)

anyway for last year only the hd box is on subscription. The white plus doesnt work because it isnt on. I have looked at alot of strange things but can see any clear route other than turning second back on or suffering poor signal and sharing same channel on bedroom and livingroom tv. Is there no way to put record back on or to get channel 5 going with out paying out. If its costly I might as well save this year and get a free sat record.

There is a man selling boxes that work on a local sale group which is why I thought there must be a way (unless he scamming and hoping people dont turn them on to fast idk he says no phoneline needed it seems a bit shaky and it might only work 2 minutes at most)

Is my best bet holding out till i save for new box? I have ps3 on T.V. right now but I know if I go bedroom I wont see properly because the wireless will be knocking picture in and out. I no im sad but I care for my mum so I need my pause or I never see the whole of anything and iplayer buffers really badly and winds me up. Tha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Put the unused box in the bedroom or second room & run a length of cable from the dish to the new location. You wont be able to record unless you pay the tenner a month recording tax to Sky, but you will be able to watch the free channels.

If you want to be able to record with no fee then buy a Freesat+ box and you will be able to record and playback to your hearts content with no ongoing payments. You would need 2 cables run from the dish to the second room in this case.

If the thought of going up ladders makes your knees go wobbly put a request in the "installer wanted" section and one of our lads who does installs will be able to help you out. If you do this please put your nearest town in the post title so the installers can see where you are.

penbee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ hd box with basic package
sky+ pace pvr3 out of contract
in uk
My Location
uk south
thank you. we have 2 double cables attached the nice sky man left us some in a real incase we wanted it in other room in future. I had decided the probably was no menu to turn the record back on so been looking at argos. They have a bush one more cheaply but my partner says his twin tried that one and the signal was poor so they took it back and got a humax. Does the make make alot of difference? I am shortsighted and only see a difference in hd if I stare to ( i dont wear my glasses) but he stresses about it. If the signal stayed on and I could hear but picture was poor wouldnt bother me I use to watch a hissing black and white when I lived at my mum's. But if there is a difference I am sure he will notice it he has a mean eye. (he doesnt always choose most expensive and if I stare like looney at things on screen I can see what he is talking about) Do you think the freesat boxes quality to price will improve more as the analogue signal is shut down? My thing is do I just ignore the issue till later in year and try find a good mmo to play on lappy for winter or are they about as good as they get and if you want it get it. (Im glad I held out on hd dvd player as that turned in to betamax vhs situation. I watch alot of tech things but I be honest I havent really been paying attention to what is up and coming on the tv box front other than them turning signal off. and thank you for help. I probably should have posted this morning instead of looking for answers myself lol. But I have learnt some things I didnt know this morning. On a side thing my mum asked me why where satelites falling out of the sky if they where suppose to be orbitting (it was few months back when a couple came down) I said at a guess they where probably a) low orbitting with power and the power run out or b) on a very very slow spiral like we are towards the sun or c) something hit them. I havent found a link anyway explaining that. I no that back in to science things and not totally relavant to here. but you may no :) any box suggestions or info on future tech I might want to hold out for gratefully recieved