Any users of Lasat LS-4500 receiver? (Getting analogue from 1M/1KR)

BombedOne

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hello. I don't know how apropriate is this question for this department, but I was not able to find other better suited one.

I have this analogue receiver, in working condition. But remote is missing, I've hooked up universal remote to it and it appears to be working. But I don't know how to set channels on it. I've connected it to 1.5m ofset dish aimed at 19.2E position. Some channels have frequencies that already match with ones stored in receiver, so I'm getting some channels in very good quality. These are:

11553 H Tele 5
11641 H N-TV
11656 V RBB Brandenburg

Also, some other channels come out (for example 11229 V RTL Deutschland, from 1KR) , but picture is very bad, since I don't know how to fine tune/scan channels. This receiver has no OSD, so it's very hard to do anything with it.

Maybe there are some users that have used this receiver or have manual for it?
 
Can you post a picture, as it may be a clone of a more well known receiver.
 
Here it is.

I've played a lot with a remote, and seems to have found the freq. adjustment (since display changes from 950 to 2150 when I press up/down keys repeadly), but it still looks weird, since for example, if I've start that process on RBB channel, only one channel I will be able to tune be that channel again), so it may be some kind of fine tuning?
 

Attachments

  • lasat.webp
    lasat.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 32
this,was my first receiver,when i startet with my satellite hobby:)

picture qualiy on lasat analog was not so good,then on kathrein then on the pace receivers!
i dont have the remote and receiver anymore,so i cannot help with the misssing remote sorry!
when lasat disapeared from the market?
 
I need it for streaming purposes (Will sent MTV Germany to LAN), so I don't care too much about picture quality, will be streamed as 352x288 anyways...
 
Hello!
do you have good pircutre quality in georgia,on 1K analoge signal?
digital i think you dont receive,and for the analouge channel you need a lot of low treshhold in your area?
 
Quality is very bad, using 1.5m ofset dish. Have to stare for a long time, to determine channel logo. But my dish is not fine tuned and LNB skew also may need adjustment, so it may be better, if adjusted. The problem is, I have no one to stand next to tv, and tell me how picture changes when I adjust the dish. Unluckily, women can't determine such changes, so no usage for wife in such occasions :D
 
You mean,that kind of woman,that cannot setup the timer,of a video recorder:)

then you need a video wireless transmitter,and a portable,monitor ,that you can use outside of the antenna?
digital signal you dont get from astra?
for better treshhold use a montery 40,with the external treshold extension!
or the best way,is a device,called digitex,then you get the best quality technicly posible!
 
I have a selfmade, portable, battery powered DVB-S receiver, which I use for installs, but here, we're having analogue signal. Of course, I can bring TV and analogue receiver to roof, but none of them is feather weight :)

For curiosity, I have tried it with a lot of woman - wife, neighbour girl, sister, grandma. When asking question "Is it now better quality, than it was 3 minutes ago?" Always getting the same answer - "How should I remember?" :D
 
Turok said:
for better treshhold use a montery 40,with the external treshold extension!
or the best way,is a device,called digitex,then you get the best quality technicly posible!

Nice to see you again active here Hans, welcome back :)
But i don't think it's worth in searching for hard to get NTI devices like Digitex or even Drake 800/2000XT as well as Echostar LT8700 which were the champions once upon a time in extreme fringe reception areas. As far as i read next year many analogue transmissions on 19.2E will cease and cable networks here around that still want to serve their customers with analogue content will obviously transform digital to analogue.

Unfortunately i cannot help you with the receiver you've got but try to contact this satellite shop: _http://frost.nod.at/emosat/index.php?action=kontakt
They were the authorised importer of Lasat receivers in Greece 14 years ago and as i see they still have some newer ones on stock. Maybe they can help you with a manual or at least some info.
 
Well, I've mostly solved problem of channel tuning using this receiver, just some functions remain unclear. For example, one button switches LNB A & LNB B. You may think about it as a simple diseqc switch, but it is not - enabling it makes image quality on some channels better, on some - worse. Also, some channels have very dark image, there's another button, that changes brigthness from dark to normal (receiver LCD shows F1 for dark and F12 for normal), but for example when I press this button on channel TELE5, to make it bright, image becomes totally distorted.
 
Hi there!
without remote,i think you cannot use the low treshhold function of this receiver!
i have chapparal montery 40,with external low treshold extension obxhere,with this you would get better results!
but this receiver is quite heavey maybe 8 kg!
cable germany anounced,that the never switch off,there analouge signal,in there networks:)

nice christos,to see you back also,was thinking,you are lost,because,i also here nothing from your over the last month!
 
Back
Top