Anyone else noticed drop on 7.0w ?

Here's the charts in the sequence I took them. Yes,early morning definitely keano (at least with the verticals).

Llew
 

Attachments

  • Capture_02202008_090214.webp
    Capture_02202008_090214.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Capture_02202008_170550.webp
    Capture_02202008_170550.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Capture_02202008_235436.webp
    Capture_02202008_235436.webp
    34 KB · Views: 25
The thing is that in your area a 2.4m is on the boarder line to allow for rain fade and signal fluctuations you really need some thing like a 3.1m or 3.7m prime focus solid prodelin,

n
keano said:
Yes looks like things are going down hill again.

End of last week, things were on the up and it was as strong as ever.

Last couple of days its gone right down yet we have had fine clear skies.

Its deffo stronger in the morning and its like that until about 15.00 when it goes down and does not recover until about 21.00.

It would be nice to know why, it could be something sinster like reduce power because they know many brits in the south are picking up showtime with smallish size dishes.

I still have to try these norsats yet but not had time.

showsports on here OK but its right on the limit instean of the normal extra 5% you need for a picture.
 
hi rd100 nilesat ok here at1400hrs horizontals ok as well.
 
I had excellent reception of Nile Sat a few days ago here in central England (with 1.2 metre dish).... even scanned in some channels I couldnt get before!!

But daytime signal strength has plummeted to zero today...

However it is overcast, but I usualy get some sort of a reading even on an overcast day..... wont be able to tell untill night time when signal strength goes up considerably.

Regards
JC
 
Hi All,

Had excellent reception on Nilesat these last few day..all verticals rock steady all day, even picked up most of the Horizontals last night, they were still there up until about an hour ago. but now have faded right down. Here are some snapshots of 11.919H my strongest transponder taken between midnight and 1 am this morning. I live just outside Stoke-on-Trent using a 1.8 Precision dish with a Yuri C/Ku lnb
 

Attachments

  • P2230001.webp
    P2230001.webp
    97 KB · Views: 44
  • P2230002.webp
    P2230002.webp
    84.1 KB · Views: 32
  • P2230003.webp
    P2230003.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks Scopus - Yes I have noticed that the signal has again started to rise. As RD 100 has also mentioned because we are on the Fringe of the reception area any slight weather deteriation will affect our signal quality.

At the moment Show Sports 1 -4 is booming out with a quality level of 54% at 4pm today picture break up is around 37%.

However what i have found out in the last 7 months i wish i would of got a bigger dish but i think channel master do not do a 3m dish, I know a few of you guys have Prodelin dishes 3m + but will that outperform the channel master 2.4 as the Prodelin 1304 series has 8 segments to it, And I had all kinds of problems with the fortec 2.4 ( 6 segments )
 
keano said:
Guys since Wednesday it looks like 7.0w has dropped in power.

Normally on a clear day at 20.00 11996H would be hitting about 64% on db, now its only on 61%.
Its the same on all transponders.

Even now db is on 60% where it should be about 62/63%.

Nothing wrong with setup, went out yesterday and swapped c120 to another invacom i have tried another feedhorn too, i also tried dish etc etc .

I will see what happens over next 48hours.

Still down till today 25/3/2008
Here even in east africa the signal were ok on 1.8 m dish now it is sad that the signal @17:30 to 21:30 goes down to the limit that it will not be visible.
I have tried different LNbs, and on different locations, recievers.
lol it is going to be down from out of the foot print of nilesat.
 
Hi all you guys , I've read from time to time about people losing signals at given times in the evening (Europe), I've also had similar comments from owners of small (80-ish cm) dishes,I sometimes have to install these on balconies for expats who have uninformed landlords. (for Astra II mainly)
What I found out is that some organizations reorientate their birds slightly in the evening in order to get a better battery charge. The slight maneuver does'nt bother main beam reception but small dishes and fringe areas are a different matter.Don't know more than this but thought that it might explain a few apparent anomolies.
 
Hi!
i canot confirm,that Nilesat H,is much lower,then 3 years ago here in austria,only when it is cloudy black sky,then aproximently i lost 1 db,but since i have replaced,the old invacom lnbs,to the new inverto white tech 0.3 and instlled on my fibo 1,25m,i got the best signal i ever had,on this antenna,on nilesat,its enough,also when its raining

inverto lnbs,here are very hard to get,bechause normal stores,dont sell it,now i will replace,all lnbs into ineverto lnbs,after testing,of over 10 lnbs,i got the best results,with the new white tech series,but ist not easy to fix it on the fibo,because,it crashed,with the lnb holder,but nothing is,imposible !

with 1,86 Meter Kathrein Dish,i have,nearly 100% Signal,on all Nilesat H!
 
Pictures !
2.try!
 
hm i attached it but i dont see it
 
Pictures last try...
 

Attachments

  • DSC01837.webp
    DSC01837.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01838.webp
    DSC01838.webp
    35 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01839.webp
    DSC01839.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01840.webp
    DSC01840.webp
    31 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01841.webp
    DSC01841.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top