Anyone heard of 3 Dimensional Imaging for TVs?

bigOz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Birmingham - UK
Thinking of buying a wall mounted large screen TV, I am suspicious of new technology spoiling my fun, with a new invention soon after I spen a small fortune on it!

Has anyone heard of anything new regarding 3D image transmission for TVs, and if so whether the current systems will be able to cope or a new system will be required?

D

deleted

There is a 3D serial (drama soap) presently running in my country. We need to wear the 3d glasses for that. We are enjoying it on the ordinary tv screen.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I suspect that broadcasters will continue to dabble with 3D as a themed night - providing there is enough watchable content. Watch-out for those *free* glasses on the cover of the Radio Times, hehe.

Quite a few players have developed 3D falt panels that don't require the glasses.

See Here.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
i,ve just bought a state of the art tv, hd ready 42 inch panasonic, i spoke to 14 different salespersons/media experts thier opinions were that HD will not be rolled out properly until 2010 and there are no plans to make 3d screens the technology is not available. Panasonic is the best value at the moment.

deep joy dave

bigOz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Birmingham - UK
I was actually referring to 3D without goggles! I remember about a year ago I saw a program on TV about a Japanese firm producing 3D images like a hologram, when it was said to be the future of TV projection.

However, one would probably need a very large sitting room to project a sensibly sized 3D image as such! :)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
The technology does exist and none of those flat panels require glasses, Doh!

4db and BigOz - just click on the link I provided in my last post and take your pick from the numerous write-ups. Alternatively, search locally on either the SANYO or SHARP websites.

bigOz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Birmingham - UK
BarMoo said:
The technology does exist and none of those flat panels require glasses, Doh!

4db and BigOz - just click on the link I provided in my last post and take your pick from the numerous write-ups. Alternatively, search locally on either the SANYO or SHARP websites.
Thank you for that BarMoo! Very much appreciated - I had a look and developments in 3D imagery seem to be a lot more advanced for lap top and PC flat screens (already in production) than for TVs.

You are right, the technology is there but I guess nothing will happen until the normal flat screen market is fully exploited (saturated) and manufacturers move on to something new! I guess I'll have to settle for the current best available... Thanks again. :)