Anyone sucessfully getting 23.5 on a passion?

adam watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, quattrro and m/s for 28.2, singles for 19.2 and 23.5. Sky HD and Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Berkshire, UK
The list of transponders loaded into my Passion for Astra 3B 23.5 is nothing like the list on KingOfSat site. I randomly chose one and added it and did a scan on that transponder. Signal and quality on that transponder were around 3/4 but it found no channels, kingOfSat had quite a few listed.

Where am I going wrong? Does any one have 23.5 and 19.2 on there passion and receive the channels OK? If so can I get a copy of your list?

Many thanks
Adam

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Not all of the 23.5E TPs are easily receivable with an 80cm dish.

Try the Dutch channels to check all is well, then just carry out an Auto Scan or Network scan (If you have such a feature) or manually edit the out of date list to correlate with lyngsat, flysat or kingofsat.

adam watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, quattrro and m/s for 28.2, singles for 19.2 and 23.5. Sky HD and Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Berkshire, UK
I know I'll only get the 3B channels and I added a transponder from king of sat, did a scan of that tp and got nothing despite the box saying 75% signal quality and strength :(

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok, so how have you proved correct alignment of your 23.5E LNB?

Don't forget all systems show a quiescent readings even for a grossly misaligned system.

High readings like you have might, OTOH, suggest that LNB is aligned to something, but not to 23.5E. So my earlier question remain.

adam watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire, UK
Ok I did a factory reset and reprogrammed a TP in and it has found a 3B channel. Now I've programmed all the TPs listed in SetEditPassion but I've come up against a problem. For 19.2 I want RTL for the sports but its listed as PAL and the options I have are DVB-S, T, C, or S2. Which do I use for PAL?

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
DVB-S is the one to pick

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
S indeed :-righton

But only if you use the correct version of RTL: The PAL one is Analogue and your Rx is Digital.

So, don't use 11214/11229

But use instead 12188 H 27500

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
DVB-S unless it`s HD then DVB-S2 if I`m thinking correctly

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't. PAL is an analogue signal, soon to disappear, but there is a version of RTL in digital 12188 H on Astra 19.2.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ahem .......... ^^^^^^ :D:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, sorry, was watching TV as I took a long time to type my answer. :)

I must not answer already answered questions I must not answer already answered questions
I must not answer already answered questions I must not answer already answered questions

Or be much quicker.;)
:-rofl2:-rofl2

Rec45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motor/Fortec/Octagon
My Location
51.6N / 0.4E
Hi Adam
On 23.5 I can get channels from 11719 , 11914 (both H 27500) but none of the others with FTA would scan any channels even tho signal is 75 %
19.2 dont have any problem. I can get all FTA as shown on sat sites. Fortec passion+ / Motor. I use beetween 19 to 42 East only, but i dont think my arc is best for all.

Rec45