Anyone tried to make BIG dish at home?

It reminds me of an idea I had for an LNB many moons ago.

Chances are I'll never get around to build it, so perhaps it might interest someone.

LNB Idea.webp
 
JanH said:
What is f/D parameter of yours big dishes?
I think it is very important for feedhorn design.
JH

My locations it s on town,i can t install here large dishes,UE fx$%&g legislation against large dishes...i must relocate first...with large backyard available...
 
RimaNTSS said:
I am also looking for Rotary Actuator. Who has an idea where to get one like on picture or similar?

Right now there is one for sale at "marktplaats" here in the netherlands
 
Thanks Trust!
I am in process of registering at _Fibo-Owners.com to find out more about similar gadgets _http://www.fibo-box.com/polarizer.html
 
Low Profile said:
It reminds me of an idea I had for an LNB many moons ago.

Chances are I'll never get around to build it, so perhaps it might interest someone.

View attachment 40236

Can you write down something more about "Idea" benefits?
Thanks
JH
 
The rear element is λ/2 from the rear plate, so any reflected waves from the rear plate are in phase (effectively increasing the signal), the front element is λ/2 from the rear element so you have maximum deflection between the two elements (hence the diff amp). The 'beauty' of this is it is tuned to in-band signals (although some harmonics would also be amplified) so S/N should be significantly increased. The mechanical positioning of the elements (dependent upon frequency) gives this advantage.
 
I have no idea how to make differencial amp on microwave. Board design is not so easy. Looks possible to use other polarisation input as input for front element but ....

Enclosed are pictures of LNB boards.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0292.webp
    IMAG0292.webp
    334.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0290.webp
    IMAG0290.webp
    321.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0291.webp
    IMAG0291.webp
    301.9 KB · Views: 86
mouse3 said:
My locations it s on town,i can t install here large dishes,UE fx$%&g legislation against large dishes...i must relocate first...with large backyard available...

You stoped your experiments or have you something new?
JH
 
Nothing new,after job i m working on it.
 
mouse3 said:
Nothing new,after job i m working on it.

BBC and english Freesat changed satelite. Here in Prague is full signal on small dish now instead nothing on 150 dish.
Try reception, it should be much more better. I do not know actual footprint but looks fine.
JH
 
WOW,deserve one test...maybee it s samthing temporary,usualy wonders takes only 3 days.
Are You talking about fta BBC ?
 
Yes, free BBC and Freesat which means ITV and more. It is about satelite footprint not about crypting. It is free for long time.
I saw BBC HD etc yesterday on 80 dish. I will check it this weekend, I must setup dish for it on roof.
JH
 
Are You talking about Astra 1N ?....my country DX-ers report two days ago bad news about reception.Signal decrease on the West side by 0,5dB.In the central area 2,2m spun it s not enough for pixelation only few hours/day...
 
I am confused too, but I personally saw receiver channel search and live pictures from BBC HD and ITV etc.... My friend did not get anythink on your dish too. Maybe it is at new transponders, frequences. I will go back to man with miracle receiver but it take a time.
I definately will try to resolve the mystery :-)
JH
 
my question is how to make metal framwork for 180 cm.how to curve them.
 

Attachments

  • anil_1.webp
    anil_1.webp
    91 KB · Views: 51
I once found this partial description on building a DIY dish, the source webpage does not exist anymore.
 

Attachments

Most of our Members only log in occasionally, so you might have to wait a while before receiving a specific reply.
 
Back
Top