Anything worth watching on ab7 and what size dish do I need ?

jambon550192

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
1m orbit h2h manhatton plaza cm1.8 inverto quad with cm feedhorn at 7w,tm 6900 super hdfixed 1.5 prime focus on 16e with tring diseqc x4 at 7w v/h 13e 19.2e 28.2e with 3 quad smart titanium gold 0.1 lnbs ,TM-3000d 2.5 precision at 25.5e using bein sport box 4k 1.2 ch master on 7w and prodelin 3.7m for scanning .
My Location
Cyprus
Hello guys I see there is a new bird up there at 7.3 what size dish am I looking at ? Many thanks
 
Thanks for that I'll have a look do I point at 7w or a nudge past it?
 
Will appear co-located for middling sized dishes, but at 1.8m or above a tweak further West would be the thing.
 
Had my dish optimised for 7W Nilesat, tried tweaking it for AB7, but made no difference.
 
Robbo said:
Had my dish optimised for 7W Nilesat, tried tweaking it for AB7, but made no difference.

Makes a big difference for mine.

I love 7.2w but I like the catch of all these different channels, I really couldn't care about FOX Movies, FOX Arabia or whatever.
 
I've got a channel master 102cm off eBay impulse buy! That I'll have a mess with I'mNot moving my precision on badr6 I don't want to loose it I get 24/7 in all weathers with that. But like I said I'll have a play around.
 
Have you not tried it on the 1.8m Channel Master?
 
Tivù said:
Will appear co-located for middling sized dishes, but at 1.8m or above a tweak further West would be the thing.

On my 1.2M Laminas through the DrHD F15, Top Movies (10872V) on AB7 gives a SNR of 8dB at 7°W and 8.4dB at 7.2°W. On my fixed 1M Gibertini through the VU+ Solo, the same T/P shows an SNR of 50%. I believe that when I aligned the dish I used an AB7 T/P.
 
jambon550192 said:
I've got a channel master 102cm off eBay impulse buy! That I'll have a mess with I'mNot moving my precision on badr6 I don't want to loose it I get 24/7 in all weathers with that. But like I said I'll have a play around.

you mean Badr 4 .. Badr 6 is not receivable i UK unless you have very big dish
 
remlap said:
Makes a big difference for mine.

I love 7.2w but I like the catch of all these different channels, I really couldn't care about FOX Movies, FOX Arabia or whatever.
i prefer both tbh.. shouldn't we be able to get both with 120cm in south london?
 
I can assure you sir I get badr6 24/7 I had a foot of snow on it last year still worked! You can pick up anything if u have the correct dish size. 70% with the admc box on badr6. Back to ab7! ..... I'll have a mess about the weekend thanks guys.
 
Hello mate the cm1.8 is in the south of France on 28e and 26e wish it was here very good dish :(
 
Took me a little while after I got the skew right of 6 degrees I found ab7 done a scan she found 465 on a 1 meter cm quite impressed as it's easy to get than the old days of 7w only being able to get the v tp and h if was lucky.
 
jambon550192 said:
I can assure you sir I get badr6 24/7 I had a foot of snow on it last year still worked! You can pick up anything if u have the correct dish size. 70% with the admc box on badr6. Back to ab7! ..... I'll have a mess about the weekend thanks guys.

what size of dish you are using for Badr6?
 
alanko said:
what size of dish you are using for Badr6?

In the south of the UK you are looking at something around 2.4m.

And a good one - not a flimsy 99 quid Fortec job that has the structural integrity of damp tissue paper....
 
A 2.5 presition an x cable tv up link satellite that got given to me if you look at my early threds you will see. It took a very very long to get where I am over 6 months of constant tuning adjusting and allot of thinking it's not easy 2.5 I would say is a min I'm lucky I live as far south as I do past London your looking at 3m + if you want 24/7 viewing good luck with planning permission.
 
I get badr6 on a good day with my channel master 1.8 and my vu+ duo and inverto black ultra lb I lock at 40% I'm in south devon.
 
jcm193 said:
I get badr6 on a good day with my channel master 1.8 and my vu+ duo and inverto black ultra lb I lock at 40% I'm in south devon.

Yeah and no doubt it goes away when it rains. :D

Which still suggests 2.4m for all weather reception.
 
Back
Top