Apple Keynote announce iTV

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Apple unveils wireless TV device

Computer maker Apple has announced plans for a device which will stream music and video wirelessly between televisons and computers.
The device, due to be released early next year, has been given the temporary name of iTV.

A new movie download service has also been launched, but initially, only Disney movies will be available.

The firm also announced updates of its iPod music players, answering some of its critics' most common complaints.

The move into movies was widely predicted by observers, and follows a similar launch by online retailer Amazon. The film tie-in comes as no surprise, with Apple's chief executive Steve Jobs also a director at Disney.

More including...

Film downloads

8 gig Nano

Cut price iPods

Source: BBC

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5339470.stm

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
iTV? Now where have I heard that before??? iTV, iTV, oh yes, I remember, it's the company that screwed up my favourite Digital TV Service!!! :D

I assume Apple are planning on using a new name seeing how iTV looks and sounds like ITV.... :-rofl2

Anyway, don't we have enough TV as it is? There's TV on our mobiles, you can get DVB-T pocket TV's, there's sky by broadband (handy for those with laptops who travel a lot), so why a new gadget that will only make criminals want to steal yet another device they can sell on?