PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Apple owners will be looking a little less smug from now on...

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4739432.stm

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Don't think so...

_http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,70257-0.html?tw=rss.technology

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
As a linux fan, I'm quite interested in Apple kit, but it's the sort of arrogance of people like the guy in the wired article that put me off (that plus the price).

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
_stu_ said:
As a linux fan, I'm quite interested in Apple kit

You could get a Mini Mac for a reasonable price - you'll love it!

If the people who start these stories knew a bit more they would know that when you download a file in OS X it detects if it's an application and warns you. You have to accept the file at this stage (no matter what they called it).

You then have to launch the file to load it - you will be asked to authenticate the application and need to use the administrator password.

I didn't open this can of worms, I don't think there's any mileage in the 'PC are better than Macs' mentality.

The 'smug' comment in the BBC, and other stories, has only one purpose, as far as I can see.

P.S. Despite these stories - anyone know of a Mac that has been infected?

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
As long as we have computers of any kind and people who want to damage them we shall have viruses. They will also aim them at the most popular system to have the largest effect for their efforts.

I shall remain a smug apple owner.