Arabsat 26.0 East Badr 6 ?

tjlowe2

Member
My Satellite Setup
1.8 channel master,
spiderbox 9000hd, tm5400CI,tm 6900hd, AZ Box- (For 4:2:2 feeds only)
diablo 2.2,2.3 and diablo 2.
My Location
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ENGLAND
just a quik one,
i can't get anything on my Andrews 1.8 for "Arabsat 26.0 East Badr 6" , i'm thinking about getting a Andrews 2.4, will this size dish receive the Badr 6 beams in the uk-- location Stoke on trent, Staffordshire.

Thanks all.

TJ
 
I havent seen any reception reports of Badr 6 north of Swansea - and that chap was using a 2.4m dish. Unfortunately with that sort of ultra fringe reception is all guesswork as to whether it will work or not in any one location.
 
Analoguesat said:
I havent seen any reception reports of Badr 6 north of Swansea - and that chap was using a 2.4m dish. Unfortunately with that sort of ultra fringe reception is all guesswork as to whether it will work or not in any one location.

i've also read on this forum about a chap, down Swansea way receiving the Badr 6 beams, he also posted a couple of pics, i supose if i go down the 2.4m way,at least i'll get a better reception on 7w's H transponders.

TJ
 
tjlowe2 said:
i've also read on this forum about a chap, down Swansea way receiving the Badr 6 beams, he also posted a couple of pics, i supose if i go down the 2.4m way,at least i'll get a better reception on 7w's H transponders.

TJ

Remember Nilesat 101 will be coming out of service in 5-6 weeks when its replaced by Nilesat 201. Its quite likely that reception in the UK of the channels currently carried on N101 will become absolutely horrible :D
 
Ahh, not too bad then AS, I assume Nilesat 102 still has a few years life left in it?
 
I cant find a launch date for N202 but as N201 has more capacity than the older series sats its quite possible the N 102 sports frequencies will be switched over to N201 :-rofl2
 
Getting 196 channels in the clear on the BSS beam here in Dublin with a 1.1m dish
 
John in swansea got the admc box, 50% signal. he sold the box... to me LOL

I got 40% in the day and 55% in the evening on my 1.8 channel master.

Picture breakup was to bad for me in the day, now got a 2.5M prime focus channel master. I will report signal this week when its all setup
 
I got rid of my admc box to garyg i had only 50% signal on the admc box,however my Nanoxx 9500Hd had signal of 70%-75%.Using my 2.4M Channel Master Dish.The tuner on the admc box is the worst tuner i have ever tested to get 24/7 signal on the admc sports channels,and if you are in the UK you are looking at a Dish SIze of 3.0m-3.5m.
 
JOHN896 said:
I got rid of my admc box to garyg i had only 50% signal on the admc box,however my Nanoxx 9500Hd had signal of 70%-75%.Using my 2.4M Channel Master Dish.The tuner on the admc box is the worst tuner i have ever tested to get 24/7 signal on the admc sports channels,and if you are in the UK you are looking at a Dish SIze of 3.0m-3.5m.

I think location plays a big part john, my signal is 55% in the evening and 45% in the day on my 1.8M on my ad sports box.

So I hope my 2.5M will see me atleast 60% in the day and whatever more at night :)
 
garyg said:
I think location plays a big part john, my signal is 55% in the evening and 45% in the day on my 1.8M on my ad sports box.

So I hope my 2.5M will see me atleast 60% in the day and whatever more at night :)

are this results from the UK?

regards,
 
Ah but a 2.5m dish has almost twice the collection area of a 1.8m dish.

Area = pi x radius squared (near enough - we ignore the curvature of the dish)

A1 = 3.142*2.5*2.5 = 19.6

A2 = 3.142*1.8*1.8 = 10.1
 
"I think location plays a big part john, my signal is 55% in the evening and 45% in the day on my 1.8M on my ad sports box.
So I hope my 2.5M will see me atleast 60% in the day and whatever more at night"

@Analoguesat
Doesn't he mean by that, that he was picking up a 45-55% signal with a 1.8M dish and hoping for +60% with his 2.5M dish?

sorry if i understand it wrong, i just found it strange as i'm a very little bit more to the south (Belgium) and i don't pick up anything from ADsports
 
Back
Top