Arabsat & Nilesat Reception in U.K.

pocster2 said:
Thanks to yourself and a few others posting on these forums I have taken stock of a few things and come to a few conclusions.

I searched and found a post reorting that the Fortec dishes were poor performers. I found a post stating they were ok if set up properley. Here comes the good bit. No matter what i do I can't get the parabola into shape and the feedhorn doesnt want to situate itself at the (calculated) focal point. Lots of research, lots of maths!

Don't get me wrong, im talking about a millimetre or two out here or there between each panel , but I think thats enough diffrence when you are dealing with fringe reception.

Since my last post I have been doing alot of research and my conclusion is that the fortec dish is only marginally better than my old Connexions 1.6m prime focus in terms of received signal. I am sorry if my last post was in any way an endorsment of the dish.

I am now looking for alternative ideas to receive the channels I require.

Regarad, Paul

hi Paul
Sorry for the delay and many thanks for trying. Shame about the dish, from the earlier postings and comments I was going to take a chance with one of these as I can pick one up for about £99.

I must admit the experience of the petalised dishes not "getting into shape" and poorly aligning is one that I too had a while back with a 2.4m. So based on this I suspect we can give up on the H channels in the uk.

As a last resort I will still try my local satellite dealer - if they have a large dish set up - just to see what they get, but am not holding out much hope :(

Many thanks again
mupi
 
Nilesat is to the right of hotbird,But in beteen 5 west and 8 west aroung 33degree upwards, get a signal on 8 west then nudge left just a tad.
 
With 1metre lenson heath dish
I pick up some channels quite well on nilesat or I think there on nilesat.
It depends on weather.

mbc1,mbc2,mbc3,mbc4

but channels get confused with atlantic bird/telecom at 8w.......they are so close.

live in U.K. Birmingham
 
Nilesat Horizontal channels are indeed much weaker than the Vertical, However with a very high quality set up you can receive the Horizontal channels on a "Precision" 2.0 mtr with a Professional "ADI" polorator matched feedhorn.

Please note that this dish and feed will cost >£1500, however it will cope with both Nilesat and Arabasat for the vast majority of the horizontal channels. This includes showtime etc.


However a cheaper option might be to go for a good quality 2.4 mtr with poloriser option.

Kind regards

OLd satellite
 
Just upgraded to Smart Titanium 0.2 lnb on cheap hypermarket 80cm dish.I can receive some vertical transponders on Nilesat all day.Others appear in the evening including MBC.No horizontal transponders at all.

I live in the very far south east Uk

Strange 26E 3A is difficult to receive.Maybe my dish is slightly out

Regards
 
I can only get the Vert channels where i am on my 1.2m channel master but when i installed a 1.8m andrews (channel master) the other week for some one for astra 3A i thought i would check nilesat 7'w when i was installing it i could get all horizontal channel on nilsat fine so thats what is needed for it, I then tryed when i got home on my dish and on my technomate 1500ci super the signal qulity on the horizontal channels bounces up and down between 15% & 39% the technomate needs about 60% to lock on to the channels so not strong enuf it's all most the same when i try it on my satellite signal meter the H channels qulity bounces up and down

Im only useing a 0.7 8year old cambride lnb on my dish at the moment but i will post what happens when i put the invacom 0.3db c120 lnb with the correct channel master feedhorn rolfw sent me

I would not mine subscribeing to the showtime network in irdeto2 on nilesat its quite cheap for a year,
 
Hello everyone :)

I know that most of you has wrote and gived good infos, but I have ask you to be more sure!

I have 2.4M dish called ECHO 7.5 Gain 47.7dB with Invacom 0,3 LNB
I want to receive Nilesat, I know that it's possible to receive nilesat here with 1,2M Channel Master dish

But I don't know why I can't get any signal of ay channel
please help me and if you can tell me what to do, or how to find nilesat easiest!

My location is:
Sweden/Stockholm
Latitude:
59.25° N (59° 15' 0")

Longitude:
17.8337° E (17° 50' 1")

There is trees arround my house, maybe 15meter from the dish

what LNB do you recomend for nilesat? I need twin LNB, I know that there is single Sharp with 0,16, but what do you recomend?

do you need more info to help me ?

the pictures shows everything
 

Attachments

  • CIMG9349.webp
    CIMG9349.webp
    343.9 KB · Views: 137
  • CIMG9364.webp
    CIMG9364.webp
    244.5 KB · Views: 114
  • CIMG9363.webp
    CIMG9363.webp
    271.2 KB · Views: 156
ProNet said:
Hello everyone :)

.............................

But I don't know why I can't get any signal of ay channel
please help me and if you can tell me what to do, or how to find nilesat easiest!

My location is:
Sweden/Stockholm

I think your dish was disigned for C Band.... and not for KU band....
 
enoc said:
I think your dish was disigned for C Band.... and not for KU band....

n it's not, it's for c-band and Ku-band
I already received hotbird just for test
 
Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been answered before but I really need some help. I’m located in Leeds in the north of England and I need to subscribe to ShowTime (ShowSports) but I'm struggling to find a company that can do this for me. Could someone please provide me with a contact to help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
 
Get a diablo..the Official card has been sold for £600+ in some quarters!!
 
Finally picked up the new lnb, reprogrammed the diablo, and have most of the H channels including the 2 al jazeera sports and the 8 movie channels. 85% level 78% quality


Theres probably some more room for improvement on signal as i've not put the meter on to dial the dish in fully yet, weathers been terrible.

Rgds

PJ
 
PJ02 said:
Finally picked up the new lnb, reprogrammed the diablo, and have most of the H channels including the 2 al jazeera sports and the 8 movie channels. 85% level 78% quality


Theres probably some more room for improvement on signal as i've not put the meter on to dial the dish in fully yet, weathers been terrible.

Rgds

PJ

Is that on the 1.2m dish and 7020?
 
PJ02 said:
Finally picked up the new lnb, reprogrammed the diablo, and have most of the H channels including the 2 al jazeera sports and the 8 movie channels. 85% level 78% quality


Theres probably some more room for improvement on signal as i've not put the meter on to dial the dish in fully yet, weathers been terrible.

Rgds

PJ

Good job PJ.
Last night was such a clear night here in Watford , everything was booming thru on this bird.
Coupled with the Diablo viewing on Nilesat at the moment is second to none!!
 
staffspeted said:
Get a diablo..

I must keep up to date with these things, I had no idea Diablo unlocked Showtime. Definitely gonna buy the bigger dish now :-worship
 
chalky said:
Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been answered before but I really need some help. I’m located in Leeds in the north of England and I need to subscribe to ShowTime (ShowSports) but I'm struggling to find a company that can do this for me. Could someone please provide me with a contact to help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Hi Martin, do you have the dish already? If so what size etc? I'm in Hull & considering buying the 2.4m Fortec Star from Maplins (unless someone tells me I'm wasting my time).

I have a Satlook+ meter so I'm confident in getting the alignment right.
 
The Fortecstar 2.4m dish is not a precision made dish (being polite there ;)) and unlikely to perform to your expectations.
 
Cheers Rolw, Maplins do allow you to return goods within 7 days if they're not suitable so if I don't find a reasonably priced alternative I might give it ago.
 
Back
Top