Arabsat & Nilesat Reception in U.K.

Licinius, Who installed your equipment? I live in hull i installed my 90mm motorised, i want to recieve eutelsat W2 for DigAlb. i need some help with aligning it and can find anyone in Hull who can help me? if you could help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
Licinius said:
Cheers Rolw, Maplins do allow you to return goods within 7 days if they're not suitable so if I don't find a reasonably priced alternative I might give it ago.

Beware, they may not take it back after it has been assembled/disassembled.
 
gbaggerz said:
Licinius, Who installed your equipment? I live in hull i installed my 90mm motorised, i want to recieve eutelsat W2 for DigAlb. i need some help with aligning it and can find anyone in Hull who can help me? if you could help would be appreciated.

Did mine myself m8 no probs, drop me an email craig@waites.co.uk
 
rolfw said:
Beware, they may not take it back after it has been assembled/dessembled.

Yeah I know m8, gonna have to be real careful with this. If I go down that route then the story will be that I didn't realise it couldn't be wall mounted :-DOH!

I can play real stooooooooooooopid when I need to :-rofl2
 
Hello,

I live in Hastings and I would like to find out how to install a NileSat dish. I'm a true novice at this so please no technical responses.

How and where do I start?

Thanks
 
hi i have a 3 metre mesh dish witha a invacom 03 and feedhorn

here are that stats for the dish, i was thinking of filling in the holes to get more gain? lol

gain at 4.2 (ghz) 40.3 dbi
gain at 12.2 (ghz) 47.8 dbi

focal length 1160mm

problem is its not receiving nilesat in day only at night, i live in liverpool

my question is there anybody picking up nilesat in northwest at all during the day with the h trasponders too?
 
A 3m mesh dish will probably perform more like a 2m solid dish. And there lies a problem because at your location you are more likely to need a solid 2.4 / 3m dish to obtain horizontal channels from 7W in the daytime.
 
Yesterday I finally reinstalled my Fibo 1.2 on the wall and I got almost all the birds blooming in strong and nice except 28.2E and no 26E...

Got the builder to reinstall the pole and brackets for me and made sure they are dead verticle.

There has been a nice improvement on Nilesat and I am getting some 314 channels on the TM1000D after a scan. There is no breakup on any of the channels whether it's day or night.

BUT I have hit the same problem as before with low signal on 28.2E and it's fluctuating a lot.

God knows where I am going wrong
 
olisun said:
There has been a nice improvement on Nilesat and I am getting some 314 channels

Woe back up a bit there m8................... Are you picking up Showtime in the UK on a 1.2m dish?
 
Licinius said:
Woe back up a bit there m8................... Are you picking up Showtime in the UK on a 1.2m dish?

Look at the location........ Hounslow SE England signal much stronger there. It's all about where you are geographically located. Vertical channels, much easier, horizontal ones much more difficult.

For horizontal channels...... a rough guide .... solid dishes

SE tip of Kent 1m
South East England 1.2/1.5m
South West England 2.0m
Wales / Midlands 1.8/2.4m
North England 2.4/3.0m

i.e. The signal gets weaker the further North and West you go. And is very much dependent on good weather conditions
 
i was actually thinking of changing the surface of the mesh, any suggestions as to what i could use to cover it?

either that or i might get a 2.4m fortec petal dish from maplins, just wish there was someone in the northewest who knows for certain.

also what is the best lnb to use i heard someone say a adi polarator is best with a precision 2 metre dish?

thanks mike
 
As i have said in other threads on here in south wales on a day do with no rain nilesat horizontals are no problem for me using a 1.2m andrews,

Also they are fine in west wales on a 1.8m andrews i know this as i installed a 1.8m andrews on a mast site this week in west wales and had a play with it first before i locked it up on 16'e,

Also i did another install in cornwall this time using a 1.8m prodelin and that also pulled in nilesat horizontals no problem at all,

And i know of some one in the midlands who is using a 1.8m fortec star and has no problem with nilesat horizontal transponders,



renibacterium said:
Look at the location........ Hounslow SE England signal much stronger there. It's all about where you are geographically located. Vertical channels, much easier, horizontal ones much more difficult.

For horizontal channels...... a rough guide .... solid dishes

SE tip of Kent 1m
South East England 1.2/1.5m
South West England 2.0m
Wales / Midlands 1.8/2.4m
North England 2.4/3.0m

i.e. The signal gets weaker the further North and West you go. And is very much dependent on good weather conditions
 
The thing that bugs me:-DOH! with nilesat instead of people using common sense and just ignore the foot prints on web sites as 99.9% of the time they are just a guide and just e-mail/phone/faxing the satellite operator (nilesat) and asking them to calculate the eirp for the beam they want for their longitude and latitude at that precise moment in time (which most satellite OP's have a tech desk and they will be happy to do it for you). Then go and buy the correct gain dish that they need they just moan on they net about itO-no,

Nilesat can be had for not much money you do not need to go out and buy a andrews 1.8m or prodelin 1.8m the 1.8m fortec star that maplin sell has the same amount of gain as a 1.8m andrews if put together correct but people just buy it slap it together with out lining the panel's up correct:-DOH! with the correct tools and then slap a lnb-f on it:-DOH! that why you hear bad reviews about itO-no,
 
rd100 what is the best feedhorn and lnb to use on the market today in your opinion?

i have a invacom 0.3 and a C120 Prime focus wideband KU feedhorn
 
For what dish is the feed for?, As for the lnb i would just use a inverto/invacom for tv/radio use,



slayer7 said:
rd100 what is the best feedhorn and lnb to use on the market today in your opinion?

i have a invacom 0.3 and a C120 Prime focus wideband KU feedhorn
 
basically i have a st 10 mesh 3 metre dish http://www.eightgroup.com/pd_sat_mesh.html

its specs are on the pdf file on this link above

it seems to be acting more like a 1 metre dish though lol

i am for sure thinking of getting a fortec 2.4m dish and playing with that instead as suggested by some one else

regards mike
 
Also they are fine in west wales on a 1.8m andrews i know this as i installed a 1.8m andrews on a mast site this week in west wales and had a play with it first before i locked it up on 16'e,

Thats great too know, thanks for letting us know.;)

Im getting very close to installing my c/m 1.8m.

Im getting the pole and T&K`s this week.(dont panic:eek: its also being cemented into the ground);)
 
The showtime patch for the TM1000 series has been released today and I can watch it using my Fibo 1.2 and TM1000D..

I love my Fibo.. :-)

Ps: Still no bloody 26E in sight
 
Back
Top