Arabsat & Nilesat Reception in U.K.

mupi

Reaction score
pocster2 said:
Thanks to yourself and a few others posting on these forums I have taken stock of a few things and come to a few conclusions.

I searched and found a post reorting that the Fortec dishes were poor performers. I found a post stating they were ok if set up properley. Here comes the good bit. No matter what i do I can't get the parabola into shape and the feedhorn doesnt want to situate itself at the (calculated) focal point. Lots of research, lots of maths!

Don't get me wrong, im talking about a millimetre or two out here or there between each panel , but I think thats enough diffrence when you are dealing with fringe reception.

Since my last post I have been doing alot of research and my conclusion is that the fortec dish is only marginally better than my old Connexions 1.6m prime focus in terms of received signal. I am sorry if my last post was in any way an endorsment of the dish.

I am now looking for alternative ideas to receive the channels I require.

Regarad, Paul

hi Paul
Sorry for the delay and many thanks for trying. Shame about the dish, from the earlier postings and comments I was going to take a chance with one of these as I can pick one up for about £99.

I must admit the experience of the petalised dishes not "getting into shape" and poorly aligning is one that I too had a while back with a 2.4m. So based on this I suspect we can give up on the H channels in the uk.

As a last resort I will still try my local satellite dealer - if they have a large dish set up - just to see what they get, but am not holding out much hope :(

Many thanks again
mupi

winkle

Reaction score
Nilesat is to the right of hotbird,But in beteen 5 west and 8 west aroung 33degree upwards, get a signal on 8 west then nudge left just a tad.

Reaction score
With 1metre lenson heath dish
I pick up some channels quite well on nilesat or I think there on nilesat.
It depends on weather.

mbc1,mbc2,mbc3,mbc4

but channels get confused with atlantic bird/telecom at 8w.......they are so close.

live in U.K. Birmingham

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Nilesat Horizontal channels are indeed much weaker than the Vertical, However with a very high quality set up you can receive the Horizontal channels on a "Precision" 2.0 mtr with a Professional "ADI" polorator matched feedhorn.

Please note that this dish and feed will cost >£1500, however it will cope with both Nilesat and Arabasat for the vast majority of the horizontal channels. This includes showtime etc.

However a cheaper option might be to go for a good quality 2.4 mtr with poloriser option.

Kind regards

OLd satellite

Uk2cyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 Combo Motorised 80cm + dual lnb in UK
TM 1500 Motorised 80cm in Cyprus

Hotbird 13E
Astra 1M widebeam
Astra 1H
1W T2 Beam
7E,5E,10E,16E,26E,33E,42E
4W,7W,8W,12.5W,15W
All Ok with 80cm in cyprus
My Location
Kent UK and Cyprus
Just upgraded to Smart Titanium 0.2 lnb on cheap hypermarket 80cm dish.I can receive some vertical transponders on Nilesat all day.Others appear in the evening including MBC.No horizontal transponders at all.

I live in the very far south east Uk

Strange 26E 3A is difficult to receive.Maybe my dish is slightly out

Regards

R

Rd100

I can only get the Vert channels where i am on my 1.2m channel master but when i installed a 1.8m andrews (channel master) the other week for some one for astra 3A i thought i would check nilesat 7'w when i was installing it i could get all horizontal channel on nilsat fine so thats what is needed for it, I then tryed when i got home on my dish and on my technomate 1500ci super the signal qulity on the horizontal channels bounces up and down between 15% & 39% the technomate needs about 60% to lock on to the channels so not strong enuf it's all most the same when i try it on my satellite signal meter the H channels qulity bounces up and down

Im only useing a 0.7 8year old cambride lnb on my dish at the moment but i will post what happens when i put the invacom 0.3db c120 lnb with the correct channel master feedhorn rolfw sent me

I would not mine subscribeing to the showtime network in irdeto2 on nilesat its quite cheap for a year,

ProNet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2,4Dish + 0,3 Invacom + DM500S + Gbox 2.1B = Own's
My Location
Sweden/Stockholm
Hello everyone :)

I know that most of you has wrote and gived good infos, but I have ask you to be more sure!

I have 2.4M dish called ECHO 7.5 Gain 47.7dB with Invacom 0,3 LNB
I want to receive Nilesat, I know that it's possible to receive nilesat here with 1,2M Channel Master dish

But I don't know why I can't get any signal of ay channel
please help me and if you can tell me what to do, or how to find nilesat easiest!

My location is:
Sweden/Stockholm
Latitude:
59.25° N (59° 15' 0")

Longitude:
17.8337° E (17° 50' 1")

There is trees arround my house, maybe 15meter from the dish

what LNB do you recomend for nilesat? I need twin LNB, I know that there is single Sharp with 0,16, but what do you recomend?

do you need more info to help me ?

the pictures shows everything

Attachments

• CIMG9349.JPG
    CIMG9349.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 137
  • CIMG9364.JPG
    CIMG9364.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 114
  • CIMG9363.JPG
    CIMG9363.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 156

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
ProNet said:
Hello everyone :)

But I don't know why I can't get any signal of ay channel
please help me and if you can tell me what to do, or how to find nilesat easiest!

My location is:
Sweden/Stockholm

I think your dish was disigned for C Band.... and not for KU band....

ProNet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2,4Dish + 0,3 Invacom + DM500S + Gbox 2.1B = Own's
My Location
Sweden/Stockholm
enoc said:
I think your dish was disigned for C Band.... and not for KU band....

n it's not, it's for c-band and Ku-band
I already received hotbird just for test

chalky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox + ART
My Location
Leeds
Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been answered before but I really need some help. I’m located in Leeds in the north of England and I need to subscribe to ShowTime (ShowSports) but I'm struggling to find a company that can do this for me. Could someone please provide me with a contact to help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
Get a diablo..the Official card has been sold for £600+ in some quarters!!

chalky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox + ART
My Location
Leeds
Thanks staffspeted. Do you know any contact that could help me get this setup?

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Finally picked up the new lnb, reprogrammed the diablo, and have most of the H channels including the 2 al jazeera sports and the 8 movie channels. 85% level 78% quality

Theres probably some more room for improvement on signal as i've not put the meter on to dial the dish in fully yet, weathers been terrible.

Rgds

PJ

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
PJ02 said:
Finally picked up the new lnb, reprogrammed the diablo, and have most of the H channels including the 2 al jazeera sports and the 8 movie channels. 85% level 78% quality

Theres probably some more room for improvement on signal as i've not put the meter on to dial the dish in fully yet, weathers been terrible.

Rgds

PJ

Is that on the 1.2m dish and 7020?

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
PJ02 said:

Rgds

PJ

Good job PJ.
Last night was such a clear night here in Watford , everything was booming thru on this bird.
Coupled with the Diablo viewing on Nilesat at the moment is second to none!!

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
staffspeted said:
Get a diablo..

I must keep up to date with these things, I had no idea Diablo unlocked Showtime. Definitely gonna buy the bigger dish now :-worship

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
chalky said:
Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been answered before but I really need some help. I’m located in Leeds in the north of England and I need to subscribe to ShowTime (ShowSports) but I'm struggling to find a company that can do this for me. Could someone please provide me with a contact to help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Hi Martin, do you have the dish already? If so what size etc? I'm in Hull & considering buying the 2.4m Fortec Star from Maplins (unless someone tells me I'm wasting my time).

I have a Satlook+ meter so I'm confident in getting the alignment right.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Fortecstar 2.4m dish is not a precision made dish (being polite there ;)) and unlikely to perform to your expectations.

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
Cheers Rolw, Maplins do allow you to return goods within 7 days if they're not suitable so if I don't find a reasonably priced alternative I might give it ago.