Arabsat

Zulu_Warrior

Reaction score
Hi

I live in london and until recently had a motorised system.

the size of my dish is about 80cm, what i wanna know is that if i wanna

recieve arabsat26 will i need to buy a bigger and dish, and also will i have to

change my existig universal LNB

i will be more than grateful if someone could answer my question

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that you ned a 1.2m or bigger for reception of that satellite, possibly 1.8 for all transponders.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I'm in north kent and on my 85 I can only get a few of the transponders, I think off the top of my head that it is everything on Arabsat 3A with a high symbol rate 20000+ but the low symbol rates ones arent there and they all seem to be relatively marginal, so i think a bigger dish would be required depending on what you wanted to pick up.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yep I receive Arabsat in Essex near London with an oval dish (About 1.1 metres) so a metre to 1.8 should be OK

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
85cm here, usually ok for Arabsat but breaks up in rain, the 98cm Funke was slightly better, just waiting to put up a 1.25m, this should improve Arabsat and Nilesat. for me. Plenty of english dialog films on both those satellites.

If you are going to put up a larger dish than 90cm make sure that you have nice neighbors or that you have planning permission.