Are HD LNBs just a marketing trick?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you should get those tps on 19e with a 1metre dish as the footprint of astra 1kr covers cyprus _http://www.ses-astra.com/business/en/support/media-library/Footprint-Graphics/Footprint-Graphics-19-2-East/astra-1KR.php

1metre dish with monoblock lnb will work unless you want 2 separate lnbs if you have dedicated receivers for each satellite or official receiver for digital+

ggp759

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
cyprus
thats what i thought but unfortunately i cant get those tps. I dont know why. professional installers came today and measured the signal directly on my dish(1.8m prime focus). zero reception. A retailer that sells dh dishes made me a favor and measured the tps signal on a 2.4m prime focus dish. zero signal again. Either there is something very wrong with those tps or everyone i talk to is really incompetent. dont know what else to say anymore. going on another setup on thursday with a 1.8m prime focus dish on 19.2. If that fails again....:confused

PS: Sorry Cyprus is not within the footprint of 1KR. is located outside of the 120cm threshold to the east

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello, there is a problem with your installers
acording with the lyngsat maps you should be ok with the 1.8 meter.
10.817 ghz is highdeff
do you have a card and box for cannal plus espinia hd?
if installers are using a mpeg-2 meter to look at a mpeg-4 signal they won't see anything.
the map shows that the signal reaches there at 47 db needing a 90 cm dish.
you need to find an installer that installes big dishes for bbc there.
most installers that install the norm dishes havent a clue on anything outside the norm.
ralph

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
timo_w2s said:
Actually they make quite good connections. ;) The only problem I've found is it can sometimes make it unreliable for proper "UK" plugs to use after a Euro two pin has been used in the socket for a while.

Incidentally, the guy is from Cyprus where they use the same kind of sockets as we do in the UK but I assume a lot of stuff in Cyprus imported from surrounding areas has two pin Euro style plugs on them.

All the more reason to have a fire extinguisher to hand, a poor connection in the socket can cause arcing and overheating, and often leads to flames... ;)

Easier, and safer, to use a UK visitor adaptor, they accommodate a lot of non-UK (Euro, Aussie, US, and some others) plugs safely, I have one and it's worked fine to date... :)

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello again,
wanted to know if the camera was tilted or is the lnb's tilted.
all lnb connectors should be pointing down for 19 and 13 degree satellite.
the 13 degree lnb is the wrong kind for prime focus.
you have a offset lnb and it should have a feed horn like the other and it has to be alignes sith the max sugnal.
otherwise it will work and as signal drops off you will loose the satellite signals that are the weakest
ralph

ggp759

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
cyprus
hey ralph thanks for all the suggestions you made. Unfortunately i had iceman who he is in Cyprus too do a test for all the transponders of the digital+ package. The test was performed on a 3.0m prime focus dish. He could get the freq that are available to me already with the 1.8m dish. 10817V 22000 2/3 is still zero. There must me something wrong with their transponders. Nothing else makes sense(for me anyway). Decided to go with sky uk instead. More HD channels(my main interest) and better content than Digital+ plus full english on everything. Whats wrong with that frequency and Cyprus is still a mystery.( The signal for that frequency as of today was measured from three different locations and still zero with dishes ranging from Famaval 1.8m, DH 2.4m,2.7m and AZ 3.0m).

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello, thanks
if you did all that testing then no one is geting this there.
iceman i think has a sinstallation service for uk dig dish systems.
if he was not able to receive this he should know being in the business and all.
ralph