Argos Now Available on Freesat Channel 819

Rachel_Sandford

News Hound
Reaction score
Freesat, the subscription free satellite TV that is a joint venture between BBC and ITV, just announced that they will be adding two new channels to their line up this month. CCTV-NEWS, the Chinese news service, will now be available on Freesat channel 211, and Argos, the British catalogue retailer will also make their shopping channel available on Freesat channel 819.

Argos launched its shopping channel on Sky this past June as part of an attempt to fine new marketing routes, given their decline in sales. The channel features live product demonstrations as well as some high end products from big brand names.

The Head of Argos TV, Darren Frost said: “We are very excited about the launch of Argos TV shopping channel on Freesat as it gives us the opportunity to reach substantially more customers with another way to explore and shop the Argos range. Viewers will be able to watch the same shows at the same time that they are available elsewhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As the UK’s biggest retailer of Freesat devices we know that many of our customers are already using the service so it was a logical place for us to be. We are looking forward to our great programming being seen by a whole new audience.”

Giving the press their own statement, Freesat representative, Mark Briggs, who is Head of Channels at Freesat also said: “With the Christmas shopping rush approaching, we’re delighted to offer Freesat customers another great way to pick up deals or find the perfect gift. Freesat is the fastest growing TV platform in the UK, and having recently hit the 2 million sales mark, we’re constantly working to make sure we have a diverse set of channels to suit our growing audience. Argos is a key retail partner for us and we’re delighted to have them on board.”

With more than 150 radio, TV and interactive channels, including five free HD channels and On Demand TV, Freesat has become a popular choice among viewers. It recently passed the 2 million mark in sales, giving it a gross earning of £1 billion since it opened in 2008.

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Good,but what are the tech(tuning) details for non freesat receivers?.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think they've been there for a while 12560 v 27500 for Argos, 11662 h 27500 for CCTV News, only new to the Freesat EPG as far as I can see.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Just looking at Argos TV right now.

Garbage.

Edit: Now summarily deleted.