Armenia TV, what encryption? help please?

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey guys, its me, (AGAIN!) , I am trying to view ARmenia tv on eutelsat w2 16 deg. east 12.725 v sr 3418 2/3... I trie dusing progdvb and a skystar card to get this channel, but it comes up with no picture or pids, IF it is scramled, is there anyway I could identify what scramibling is being used, Ive tried Yankse, but to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yu may need to add the pids if it can't find them on a scan. Just scanned them and although there is a great signal, there is no video or audio and it isn't showing as encrypted.

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats what is weird. I have used the ProgDVB for my skystar card and identified the pids of 2574 and 2575..but even adding these does nothing for the broadcast..its very bizarre? Could you try in your reciever with these? I dont want to ring them and ask what they are doing as they will cotton on...Its very very strange though?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't add the pids via the rceiver, need to do it on the PC, will have a play with it later if I get a chance though. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The website for Armenia TV says that the transmission would be encrypted as of Jan 04 - perhaps they've started to encrypt now. Apparently it's a "special encryption not used by other providers" -whatever that means.

See:-http://www.armeniatv.am/faq.html

Llew

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It seems strange. Armenia TV as a broadcaster I am sure does not have the financially capability to develop an entirely new encryption method...Also the reciever is very cheap at 68 euros. It all seems odd. I'm sure its something simple.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, just tried it with those pids and got nothing. :)

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its baffling me, Im going to subscribe anyway, but just this not being able to figure it out is very annoying!

The package they give you when you subscribe doenst even include a card or CAM.!!!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Can only think it's Powervu - a dedicated box wouln't need a cam or card -but at 68 Euro even with a sub seems unlikely. I'll dust off my PV box and see if it's soft-encrypted (they sometimes do this at start of encryption). Don't hold out much hope though.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just checked with the PV RX- comes up as "Not Encrypted", which isn't surprising as it yields all PIDS as 8191 (packets full of 1's). Result- blank screen.
Probably waiting to start encrypting, but one would have thought a caption or test card would have been better.

Llew

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks mate..the odd thing is though that they have been encrypted for months, so viewers must be able to tune in to this broadcast somehow. It all seems very strange....another strange thing is when you tune in to the channel the provider name appears as "Jason" ...strange ...? Perhaps this is some extremely dodgy backhanded encryption method..or is that too far fetched?!!

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i pick up that channel and it comes up blank,yet the other channels are ok.i thought maybe they werent broadcasting thats all.

TWAG

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Perhaps they are temporarily unavailable...could you try in a few days? lol..and if it works I'll buy the box if you like//// ... because if the stream is actually totally empty then they cant be broadcasting from it?!! I wonder what those people who have actually paid for it are seeing?!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I understand they might be using Scopus multiplexing, which could be used as a cheapo form of quasi-encryption, with boxes provided by Armenia TV only able to "de-crypt", if that's the right term.
Maybe this is the way forward for small operators to get round hacking; whether it's possible to open, I don't know.
Anyone know anything about this system?

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
seems interesting..... although I have no idea what it is.. lol..
Is it just a different way of multiplexing the channels then?