art

filfil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
total newbee
My Location
uk
hi all

i wish to view art and aljazeera sport using art 8 in 1 card at the moment ihave an orion receiver for fta with afixed 80 cm dish including twin feeds for hotbird and astra.thinking of upgrading to either humax 5400z or topfield tf 5000 ci.
if these are the right choice please advice ,any other suggestion regaring cards for this systems. thanks a million

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For ART and Aljazeera, it is best if you use a dedicated Viaccess CAM or receiver, particularly AlJazeera, as it won't activate in most multicams.

filfil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
total newbee
My Location
uk
thanks for the advice,any suggestion as to what receiver should i buy and to cater for the future too.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll have to leave that to the others, as although I have setup many different receivers, I don't get to use them on a day to day basis, the only receiver I regularly use is my Dreambox DM7000.

A lot of people recommend the Technomate receivers and say they are the greatest, when in my opinion they are probably no better than most of the other receivers around, but what they do have is very good "unofficial" software support.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Go for the Technomate 1500 with magic card reader and cam slot.
They are cheap, bloody good, have excellent software support and are easy to use.
Will read your viaccess card, no problem. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Rob, but will it activate the AlJazeera section of the card?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
When I put a mates system up last year (with a Technomate 1500) he had a Art Sports 1-6 card with two AlJazeera sports channels on it and they came up, no problem.

As you know Rolf I also go on the Alsat website which has a large number of Technomate users and have never heard of a conflict between Technomate receiver's and Aljazeera cards.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, that isn't what I'm saying Rob, it has been a major problem with non-dedicated CAMs, that they will work with AlJazeera, but most will not activate that part of the package in the first instance.

filfil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
total newbee
My Location
uk
hi all
thank you guys for the advice given,i have just placed an order to day for technomate tms1500 ci plus,viaaccess card,art sport card 8-1,and an upgrade cable.
i shall let you know how i progress once set up and running.;)