Arte Français / Deutsch on Hot Bird 13E

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Arte Français / Deutsch channel on Hot Bird 13E is my favourite FTA GEM.
Frequency 11,623 V, 27,500, 3/4
It has dual sound French or German, and when you select German audio you might get lucky sometimes and hear it in English or in the Original sound (Omu).
The video and audio bitrate figures are high which makes the viewing quite enjoyable.
Wish they would add English sound, but this doesn't seem likely to happen, ever.
The have excellent content with specific themes all the time.

Website http://www.arte.tv
Programmes: http://www.arte.tv/fr/programmes/242.html

During November, they had Stanley Kubrick's films cycle including:
- Lolita
- Clockwork Orange
- Full Metal Jacket
- Barry Lyndon
- 2001 Space Odyssey
- Eyes Wide Shut

The last film was shown last night and unfortunately it is the last in the cycle without any more reruns.
Starring gorgeous Nicole Kidman and the parrot Tom Cruise who gave a pathetic performance, repeating all the time what the other person would say, before he would say anything worth saying.
Whenever Nicole was on, my Eyes were Wide Open :). Wow, What a heavenly figure :-worship

I get really pi**ed off Just to think that there are crazy women in this world who would not be contented with such breasts and they would do a stupid thing like mutilating their bodies with plastic surgery in order to add silicone implants so they would look bigger.)(-red
I bet you that if we run a poll about plastic surgery in this forum which has ~ 99% male members, the results would put plastic surgeons out of business for good.

Back to Arte:
I will try to draw your attention in this thread in the future to anything that might be worth watching on Arte on a weekly basis.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Lost in Translation film starring the lovely Scarlet Johansson and Bill Muray, this afternoon at 14:55
Seen it last night and it was with original sound.
_http://www.arte.tv/fr/2335936.html
Scarlet starred in many films like The Island (2003) and The Prestige (2006)
Don't miss it.

G

Much watched by Mrs. Uno :-bunny

Also available in HD on 11362 H 22000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK with regular German version programming.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I am having problems with Arte over the past few nights. The channel's picture breaks up and last night it disappeared entirely for few hours.
I have a 1.60m dish so it can't be dish size. Has anyone else had the problem, especially in Europe where the signal should be much better?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Arte has been showing over the past few weeks some classic British comedies, in English (the German channel or German audio)
Tonight they will show one of the Monty Python films, the Holy Grail.
starts 20:45 (Teletext page shows start time at 21:00).
Enjoy. :)