Asiasat 3s with Dreambox 800, setup need help.

shafaqat309

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Asiasat 3s with Dreambox 800
My Location
Brisbane - Australia
Hello All

I need some help.
I have Asiasat 3s installed with dreambox 800, it was working well but due to storm i have lost my channels, i have tried to call the person who installed this dish but he had no time to come.

I tried to explore the dreambox and try to do some configuration and finally lost everything, no channel list, no service, no configuration left, restored to factory default settings :(

now i wan to setup all this again and need help, when i go to tuner setup and try to do a scan it says 0 service found. Is this the first step to start?
How can i check if my LNP got some problem and how can i check if my dish is aligned to get asiasat 3s signals?

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
shafaqat309 said:
I have Asiasat 3s installed with dreambox 800, it was working well but due to storm i have lost my channels, i have tried to call the person who installed this dish but he had no time to come.

I tried to explore the dreambox and try to do some configuration and finally lost everything, no channel list, no service, no configuration left, restored to factory default settings :(

now i wan to setup all this again and need help, when i go to tuner setup and try to do a scan it says 0 service found. Is this the first step to start?
How can i check if my LNP got some problem and how can i check if my dish is aligned to get asiasat 3s signals?
Hi. It's possible that the storm has pushed the dish slightly out of position and thus just needs to be slightly realigned. Check first of all that it's pointing in roughly the right direction and that the LNB is skewed correctly - hxxp://www.dishpointer.com . Check that the connectors are all screwed in properly. I'm not familiar with the Dreambox so can't help you with navigating its menus, but try selecting a transponder for a channel that you know you had before (look at lyngsat, for example, to find the transponder frequency for each channel) and fiddle with the dish / LNB alignment until something appears.... There are many possible reasons for you no longer having reception, but those are the first few things that I would do.

shafaqat309

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brisbane - Australia
Thank you for your response.
I have got a satellite meter "First Strike", i have tried to rotate the dish, now i can see signal with some quality but when i plug cable to receiver and try to scan, it again says no service found. i have no idea of LNB skew, i am just rotating the dish up, bottom left and right, What is the use of LNB skew and can i check at what angle my LNB is?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you have signal but no channels you may well have found the next satellite along the arc from the one you actually want.

shafaqat309

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brisbane - Australia
Hi
Today i got a technician and he fixed the dish angles and showed me some channels on his meter but he has no idea of dream box settings, is there any way to check if my dream box has valid settings?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well the lnb should almost certainly be set at 9750/10600 or universal for starters.

Are you seeing the free channels on the DB?

shafaqat309

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brisbane - Australia
Good news, i just did a full scan and now i can see all channels.

shafaqat309

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brisbane - Australia
I used
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/AsiaSat-3S.html
page for settings.

Last edited by a moderator: