Aston CAM...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Hello, formerly me on Digital Spy, can't find a "Say hello here please first" type of thread....

Anyway, I got myself a second hand box off eBay and it came with a few extras that the seller didn't list, the main one being the Aston CAM (the other two were cards, one a white one (with "Irdeto" written on a label) and a gold card in the CAM itself), I heard that the Aston can be used for TUTV, but I'm not interested in that, but what I do want to know is what Encryption system the Aston is used for cos I'm just going to stick it on eBay as I don't need it, I want a Dragon instead!!!!

Any info on it would be great...

Thanks!!!

P.S. Hello analoguesat!!!! :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Doesn't matter anymore, I found out about the Aston in other places and it's now on eBay.....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi 2cvbloke - welcome to our happy band

PS You are quite free to discuss patched receivers here!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:

oooh!!! Much more freedom than DS!!! :D

Anyway, I wouldn't know how to patch this box (a Nokia 9800s, Viaccess embedded), I just want to stick a Dragon in it once I get my multi-LNB dish setup on the chimney...

Satellite-tv-fan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad core 4GB Ram Vista 64bit 24" 245B Samsung widescreen TFT. Nvidia Zotac 8800GT AMP! Edition 512MB graphics card + Skystar 2 sat tv card with DVB Viewer Pro 3.9
Intel mac mini dual core
with eyetv 3.0.1 running Cinergy S USB satellite box
1m Fu
My Location
East Sussex
Hmm anyone tell me if it reslly matters what version of the Aston CAM you have ? Wanted for Canel Digital Holland etc

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Analoguesat said:

yes, indeed I recently got a warning from DS HQ telling me to not even mention Dragon CAMs etc.

Funny how they are happy to tolerate the garbage posted by folk such as daniel99 and his one-line cr*p of no value but dare to talk of the darkside and you're in sh*tville :)

:-bash

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Leee said:
Funny how they are happy to tolerate the garbage posted by folk such as daniel99 and his one-line cr*p of no value but dare to talk of the darkside and you're in sh*tville :)

:-bash

removed (a/s). Now now, they are entitled to run their forum any way they wish ;)

:D

Satellite TV fan, if you want, you can bid or buy my Aston Cam, I found out that it's V1.05 (which I think most are, but don't hold me to that!!!) and, erm, works with Top-UpTV....

_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5853611962

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please lads - no sniping about how other moderator teams run their forums. Each forum caters for different aspects of the hobby, and the folks who own each forum have the absolute right to run their forums exactly how they want, and therefore to allow or disallow any particular topic.

DS have made some decisions, so be it. You are welcome to discuss most things - with just a few important rules designed to protect the forum - here instead.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
funfiles dudez toecutters predator whoopie-doo :) :eek: :-rofl2 :-beer

What actually annoyed me most was that they emailed a warning to me despite me having "receive emails from admins" - now that's really not cricket and I'll leave it in my spam.

({})

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
What really gets my goat about DS is they closed a thread in chatter (which I must add is meant for pointless stuff not suited to anywhere else) and closed it as they called it pointless!!!!! Where's the Logic in that???? :-bash

Rant over...

At least this is a nicer place where we can quite happily talk about Cards CAM's keyfiles decryption and patching.... :D

I have my own forum now for the pointless stuff in my life... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
2cvbloke said:
At least this is a nicer place where we can quite happily talk about Cards CAM's keyfiles decryption and patching.... :D

Indeed, and as long as no-one puts any hexes, codes and receiver flashes on the forum and doesnt start a flaming session we tend to leave most members well alone.

:cool:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Indeed, and as long as no-one puts any hexes, codes and receiver flashes on the forum and doesnt start a flaming session we tend to leave most members well alone.

:cool:

That's good to know... :D

I just keep my Satellite threads on my forum to just receeption of FTA stuff and referring to anything else as "naughty" stuff as I use a privately owned server who host thousands of forums... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I must add its quite interesting seeing how forum things (rules, regulations etc) work from the other side of the moderator fence. Its quite a fine line at times.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
I must add its quite interesting seeing how forum things (rules, regulations etc) work from the other side of the moderator fence. Its quite a fine line at times.

Being the administrator's even more difficult, I get non-stop complaining about users, threads, closing of threads, banning of disruptive members, it's never ending!!!! But, it's my forum (as in, my forum is my forum, not satellites... :D ) and my decision is usually final...:D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hee hee. However we are well off topic and really should try to get back to Aston cams..... :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Hee hee. However we are well off topic and really should try to get back to Aston cams..... :)

That's one thing I told people off for on my forum.... :-rofl2

Yes, Aston Cams, erm, do Dragon Cams do the work of Astons?