Astra 19.2 Help

malberg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Unknown LNB type, German Telekom D+ receiver.
My Location
Malberg Germany
I received a Digital+ receiver as part of my home entertainment package here in Germany from Telecom. I'm using a sat finder, and I'm able to locate the hotbird and get 100% strength and quality on my receiver, and watch the free to air channels on it. Using the sat finder, I'm able to locate 2 more satellites moving the dish towards the east and minor angle adjustments. While pointing the dish to either of those 2 other satellites, getting a loud reading on the finder, I'm not getting anything on my receiver. I've selected on the receiver the different satellites while being pointed at each (hotbird/eurobird/astra 19.2/astra 28/and the others too, but get 0% for strenght and quality.

I need the Astra 19.2.

Oh, the dish/LNB was already on the house when I rented it. The Sat company only provided me the receiver. Is it possible the LNB is the right kind for the hotbird, but not the astra? If so, why do I still get a super strong loud beep from my sat finder?

Also, the LNB has a vertical and horizontal output. I get nothing at all on the vertical, but can get the hotbird on the horizontal. Why when connected to the horizontal, I still get the hotbird channels that are vertical (according to the frequency chart found on the internet)? Maybe a stupid question, but I work on radars, not satellites!!

malberg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malberg Germany
That is HD+ not Digital +

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello malberg
welcome to the forum, Quatro lnb's are popular in Germany but require a diseqc switch to combine the signals H-H V-H H-L V-L that are then fed to the receiver without that you will have problems unless you change the lnb for a universal lnb. Tell us some channels that you are receiving on 13 East so that we can check, not by the names in the stb but by the channels and programs shown.

malberg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malberg Germany
Some of the channels we receive on 13E:
Fashion one
Myanmar International

Myanmar channel is Horizontal, Fashion one is Vertical.

Those are just 2 channels that I can think of at the top of my head now, have to go to work now otherwise I'd get you more... but I chose one from each hor/vert.

Again, my LNB has 2 outputs, one H one V. Hooked up only to the H.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's definitely Hotbird, but as Topper says, you need to swap out the Dual single band LNB that you have for a Universal. Your LNB was designed for old analogue systems with a two input multiswitch.

So having found Hotbird, you simply need to move the dish down slightly and 6 degrees East.