excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Robbo said:
Those two sats are usually very easy to get on a TD88.Could be your location of course. Not really looked at the leaflet, I always do them by figuring out my own spacing and a bit of trial and error.

Doesn't look to be much of a slope on the multi-arm , did you tilt it?

Yes the multi arm is set to +1 for the west side so 28.2e is higher than 13e, this is the only option with this set up, but the spacings were trial and error, but I can't seem to find the happy medium. It does work but the horizontals on 13e are weak.
Any ideas?
Sorry if I hijacked the thread but I saw a similar problem to my own.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Remove the LNB holder and the LNB. Duck down a bit, and carefully move the LNB about, if you can find a better signal with the LNB somewhere else, that's where it needs to go. Also twist it a bit, to check the skew.

If a better position for 13E LNB cannot be found, then it could be that it needs to go a bit closer to focus. Depending how good 28E is, you can move 28E a bit further away and 13E a bit closer, then re-align the dish, using 13E.

Incidentally, if you find that more tilt on the arm is needed, it can be put on upside down, and it will swivel more.

ajra79

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD-88 -> Triax Single offset 0,3dB LNB -> Sony Bravia KDL-V5800 triple tuner DVB-T,C,S/S2 &

Triax TD-88 -> Triax Single offset 0,3dB LNB -> QQ Box DVB-S usb receiver
My Location
Finland
Guys I managed to get it working :-funbounc !

What i did what to move the dish a little bit to the east and use the site finder to listen with the 28.2E LNB. After locking 28.2E & 28.5E, I lost 19.2E. So what I did was move really carefully the dish back to west and moved the 28.2e LNB at the same time to avoid locking 19.2E at expense of loosing 28.2.

I will try to post a picture of the setup so that it will be of help for others..

As expected, none of the channels from Astra 2D can be seen :-downt but after looking at the footprints and comments, my dish size is just too small.

Some of the transponders on Eurobird 1 cannot be received properly. Would skew be of help for this? in most of them i get good strenght but low quality :confused

Thanks for the help

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Some of the Eurobird 1 transponders can be a bit weak in Finland. It would help if we knew where abouts you are as Finland is a big place. You'll really need to make sure you get every last drop of signal and skew the LNB on a weak Eurobird 1 transponder.

I've just been playing with a Triax TD64 with a single LNB in Kuusamo this afternoon and could only get a few transponders from Eurobird 1 and all of the Astra 2A/2B North transponders. In Helsinki I can get most Eurobird 1 transponders (missing a few Horizontal ones), all of the Astra 2A/2B North transponders and a few 2A/2B South transponders for parts of the day on an 85cm dish with the LNB offset by 9° and with a slightly obscured view due to my flat's balcony location.

You may want to think about changing the LNB to get a little more signal. I've found the Inverto Black Ultra LNB helped me get a couple more Eurobird 1 transponders that where just on the edge on my 85cm dish in Helsinki. However, the best solution is a bigger dish.

vatch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2 Hotbrid
My Location
Finland
Timo_w2s, since you have experience with Astra 2A/2B in Helsinki, maybe you can help me. I am about to setup a satellite for Astra 2AB/Eurobird 1, and Hotbird 19E, what is the best way to get this done? Would using Triax muliblock 4 be the right thing to do? Or should I use a motorized solution?

I will probably use a 95cm dish or anything between 95-110cm. I live on the 4th floor, with balcony facing the needed direction with no obstructions.

Thanks in advance.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
vatch said:
Timo_w2s, since you have experience with Astra 2A/2B in Helsinki, maybe you can help me. I am about to setup a satellite for Astra 2AB/Eurobird 1, and Hotbird 19E, what is the best way to get this done? Would using Triax muliblock 4 be the right thing to do? Or should I use a motorized solution?

I will probably use a 95cm dish or anything between 95-110cm. I live on the 4th floor, with balcony facing the needed direction with no obstructions.

Thanks in advance.

You mention "Hotbird 19E". Did you mean Hotbird at 13E or Astra 1 at 19E or both?

If you are going for Hotbird 13E and Astra 2A/2B/Eurobird at 28E then that's quite a wide angle so the bigger the dish the better to make up for signal losses. You'll need an LNB bracket that can do at least 15 degrees so the Triax TD multiblock would work in theory with a Triax TD dish but I have not used one myself. Others may be able to advise better on that.

What channels are you looking to get off 28E? Some of the southern transponders are quite weak and get a lot weaker the further east and north you go. Some Eurobird channels can also be a bit tricky. Hotbird is quite strong.

A motorised dish is good for getting the maximum amount of satellites visible from your location but I prefer a fixed dish and multiple LNBs for instant switching between channels and no motor noise to annoy neighbours with at night... Not sure if it's worth the hassle if you only plan on watching 2 satellite positions.

vatch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2 Hotbrid
My Location
Finland
timo_w2s said:
You mention "Hotbird 19E". Did you mean Hotbird at 13E or Astra 1 at 19E or both?

If you are going for Hotbird 13E and Astra 2A/2B/Eurobird at 28E then that's quite a wide angle so the bigger the dish the better to make up for signal losses. You'll need an LNB bracket that can do at least 15 degrees so the Triax TD multiblock would work in theory with a Triax TD dish but I have not used one myself. Others may be able to advise better on that.

What channels are you looking to get off 28E? Some of the southern transponders are quite weak and get a lot weaker the further east and north you go. Some Eurobird channels can also be a bit tricky. Hotbird is quite strong.

A motorised dish is good for getting the maximum amount of satellites visible from your location but I prefer a fixed dish and multiple LNBs for instant switching between channels and no motor noise to annoy neighbours with at night... Not sure if it's worth the hassle if you only plan on watching 2 satellite positions.

Hello Timo, I meant Hotbird 13e. I ordered the Triax TD multiblock now waiting for it to come, the store where I bought everything did not have it in stock.

I am interested in the SKY UK channels from 28e, pay and free.

While waiting, I installed the dish and pointed it to 28.2, scanned all the channels, only got 4 English channels "God TV, Press TV, Daystar TV network, and CNN international, the rest over a 100 of German channels, some Italian, and some Spanish? According to the channel lineup, I didn't see any German channels on ASTRA 2, how is it that I am getting these channels? Again, I scanned ASTRA 2 28.2E not 19E or anything else.

Thanks

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
vatch said:
While waiting, I installed the dish and pointed it to 28.2, scanned all the channels, only got 4 English channels "God TV, Press TV, Daystar TV network, and CNN international, the rest over a 100 of German channels, some Italian, and some Spanish? According to the channel lineup, I didn't see any German channels on ASTRA 2, how is it that I am getting these channels? Again, I scanned ASTRA 2 28.2E not 19E or anything else.

Sounds like your dish is pointing at Astra 1. You need to move it very slightly to the left (when looking from behind) by a few degrees and then adjust the elevation (up/down) slightly.

Many satellites up there share the same frequencies so it is easy to home in on the wrong one.

vatch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2 Hotbrid
My Location
Finland
timo_w2s said:
Sounds like your dish is pointing at Astra 1. You need to move it very slightly to the left (when looking from behind) by a few degrees and then adjust the elevation (up/down) slightly.

Many satellites up there share the same frequencies so it is easy to home in on the wrong one.

Thanks Timo