salsheikh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echolink FTA 777
90cm Diseqc Fortec Star motor
My Location
Midlands UK
hi guys,

when i select astra 1 @ 19.2e the motorised dish picks up the signal and then keeps moving and then loses the signal.

is there anything i can do to realign the motor?

the receiver shows i get a very good signal at approx 90% and 85% quality yet when i select a channel it says no signal.

all the other satellite's appear to be fine.

i have a fortec star kit with a echolink fta 777 receiver.

thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Are you using Diseqc 1.2 or USALS?

I suspect that you are using Diseqc1.2.

If all the other satellites are working fine then it should be a simple matter of going back into the install menu, and somwhere within the motor setup, move the dish to the correct position and save it.

Robbo:)

salsheikh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echolink FTA 777
My Location
Midlands UK
Hi robbo,

your right, I am using diseqc 1.2. how do i look up the correct position in the set up menu?

will it have something there that will reposition it?

i know the motor has manual buttons on it, would i use this to reposition the dish to the correct point and then try and save it?

i am a noob and am therefore asking lots of questions.

michael01707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m, Vantage VT-X221TS CI and 8000s, Technomate V-Box II, 18" Superjack actuator
My Location
London
You should be able to nudge the dish in small movements in your motor menu. Hopefully the motor menu will have signal level and quality bars for you to view whilst you move the dish. Store the dish position where the signal is at its strongest and most stable.

salsheikh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echolink FTA 777
My Location
Midlands UK
Michael,

the problem is, when I am in the menu the signal strength shows approx 90% and 85% quality and this is why i am baffled as to why it says no signal.

when i am selecting the astra dish, it will show a pic whill the dish is moving and the lose the signal. i may have to move the dish until the pic stays on the tv and get a 2nd person to monitor which way the dish is moving.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
salsheikh said:
Michael,

the problem is, when I am in the menu the signal strength shows approx 90% and 85% quality and this is why i am baffled as to why it says no signal.

when i am selecting the astra dish, it will show a pic whill the dish is moving and the lose the signal. i may have to move the dish until the pic stays on the tv and get a 2nd person to monitor which way the dish is moving.

Yes, I'm confused too.
If the signal strength is at 90% and the quality at 85% how can you have no signal?

Can you check the motor to see if it is actually pointing to around 19 degrees?

Is it a scrambled channel that you have picked?

Is it that you are getting some transponders, but not others.?
Maybe try nudging the dish on a weaker transponder that you are not getting.

salsheikh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echolink FTA 777
My Location
Midlands UK
when the dish is moving it picks up a signal but continues to move and then loses the signal. when i go into the menu screen the dish moves to a reference point where it shows the different signal strengths. if i select the satellite and then let it stop in its location and manually move it to the correct location so the signal is picked up, how do i make sure the dish will then stop at this point in future?

thanks for the help so far guys.

salsheikh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echolink FTA 777
My Location
Midlands UK
sorry guys, forgot to mention that the neighbors conifer trees might be in the way. i cant cut them down.....

will have to try and adjust the dish sometime