Astra 1D 40.5W

remlap

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 104cm motorised dish with a Technomate 5402 HD CI+ and TBS 6925 + Gibertini 90cm with 9E 13E 19.2E and 28.2/5E with a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-HD-S2 Media Centre PC and Pure EVOKE Flow Radio + 100cm Channel Master with 2 LNBs at 24.5W and 30W
My Location
Wales
She's alive! Astra 1D at 40.5w

Three SES promo videos on loop on 11184 V 3600, 11614 H 3600, 11533 H 3600.

Empty carrier on 12299 V

Cheers
 
SES test transmissions from Astra 1D @ 40.5 west (Inclined orbit) currently on the satellite belt @ 08:00 & 20:00

11533H 3600 3/4 DVB-S id=SES Corporate (Video Pids = 2000, Audio Pids = 2001)
11614H 3600 3/4 DVB-S id=SES Corporate (Video Pids = 2000, Audio Pids = 2001)


Astra 1D is Alive & well indeed Remlap considering the amount of work this satellite has done I amazed it has any fuel left.

Nothing on 11184V here ?
 
Hi I'm not wod mate ;)
 
Sorry Remlap I remember you from a couple of years ago when you gave some advice on 4:2:2 transmissions how are you keeping.
 
Not bad mate, yourself? Honestly don't remember that but I recognise your username from all over the place :) Nice to see you here.

11184 V is very weak for me.
 
Nice to see you here also keeping well atm,
Signals on Astra 1D beginning to go down a bit now looks like the time on the belt will be about 4 hours (06:00 to 10:00 & 18:00 to 22:00 for the next few days.
 
I guess she's there to keep the slot open then for New Skies?
 
Yes SES 6 is due to launch in 10 months time plenty of Ku band activity from 40.5° West then after the launch in the 1st quarter of 2013,
Proton launch SES-6 has 38 C & 36 Ku will replace NSS 806 & Astra 1D.
 
Additional transponders received here this morning from 40.5 west:

11008V 3600

11185V 3600
 
Yes, I was just checking as you posted. Blank carriers at present. Should get stronger as it moves down to the arc. -
 

Attachments

  • Astra 1D.webp
    Astra 1D.webp
    107.9 KB · Views: 67
I would have liked to have seen if i could get anything from her but some inconsiderate git planted an oak tree about 100 years ago which is blocking my line of sight :D

Nano
 
william-1 said:
Yes SES 6 is due to launch in 10 months time plenty of Ku band activity from 40.5° West then after the launch in the 1st quarter of 2013,
Proton launch SES-6 has 38 C & 36 Ku will replace NSS 806 & Astra 1D.

Wow she has two odd beams covering centre of the Atlantic one touching North America one touching Europe and North Eastern Africa

_http://www.ses.com/4628404/ses-6
 
That was neat I just saw her come into view :)

Been thinking of adding a jack to a latitude bolt on the polar mount when I setup my Channel Master but not sure if its worth it really for one or two birds.
 
Good signals here from 5:30pm on the Horizontal transponders.
 
william-1 said:
Good signals here from 5:30pm on the Horizontal transponders.

Hmm didn't come in for me till I posted. About -1.2 latitude on n2yo
 
Good signals in Ireland on F15 receiver.

11153 13.8 dB
11614 13.3 dB
11008 8.3 dB
11184 10.2 dB
 
Although the promo shows the footprint below for Astra 1D when it was at 19.2 east these are similar to the footprint shown in the SES Corporate promo in the new position 40.5 west,so I would have thought you would pick these signals up the same time as me unless the inclined orbit effects the edge of the footprint more than the centre as was with Telecom 2C @ 3 east & 2D @ 7.8 west when they went inclined ?
 

Attachments

  • 1d_h_neg.gif
    1d_h_neg.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1d_h_pos.gif
    1d_h_pos.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 63
william-1 said:
Although the promo shows the footprint below for Astra 1D when it was at 19.2 east are similar to those shown in the SES Corporate promo so I would have thought you would pick these signals up the same time as me ?

Will need to go look if something is in the way in the morning. I know 37.5 and 43w are fine for me 24/7
 
I get nothing these days from 43 west but still get 45 west Intelsat 14 with 11608 H DVB-S/MPEG-2 1852 5/6 RASD TV
No feeds @ 43 & 45 west for ages here used to be very good for Dakar Rally & Tour de France feeds that have now migrated to the inner satellites 16 east,10 east,7 east 5 west,8 west & 12.5 west ect.
 
Yeah I meant 45w and same as you.
 
Back
Top