astra 1g

solly

Specialist Contributor
My Location
Tel Aviv, Israel
new turkish channel will be start 1.1.2013 on astra 1g
TRT Turk, Karadeniz Kackar TV, Channel 2000 Mersin and Kanal 15 Burdur
11.817 GHz, pol. V, SR 27500, FEC: 3/4, DVB-S/QPSK
and later year move to new astra 5b on 31.5e
 
hi all put the Ku band back on i thought i would give Astra 1G at 31.5E a go, the sky is overcast at the moment and it seems the footprint is a no go,anyway i got 12012V 27500 and 12090V 27500,dont take any notice of Arabsat 30E its just the nearest sat near to 31.5E17E 043.webp17E 044.webp17E 045.webp
 
My first ever catch of this satellite!
 

Attachments

  • Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 119
Captain Jack said:
My first ever catch of this satellite!
Is that on the Fibo CJ?
 
Oh heck

Now Im going to have to have a go for this one! :D

Gawd knows which dish - maybe the 36E one...
 
No chance surely for me getting it offset on a TD88?
 
No chance this weekend ,pounding the sand on Hunstanton beach tomorrow!!! I must be crazy.
 
On the Fibo yeah. It didn't last long as it went below lock about 15mins after. The other TPs had signs of life but again below lock.

Might have more chance up north as long as it's on the eastern side.
 
I figured so, thats why i reckon i've little chance here looking at the footprint.
 
nice one captain jack i found the quality went up in the evening,may give it ago later, nice blue sky at the moment.
 
Also noticed the same two that Pride logged when I was setting up the 1m and F3 last night. Both still there today but it's a very narrow slot to get them, a couple of nudges and they're gone. There does seem to be long term signal stength fluctuations on this sat as sometimes I'll get all the West Eu transponders and another time there'll be none.
 
Another one logged yesterday afternoon once I'd finished fine tuning the 1m, 12304H including some FTA. Black Sea or Chernomorskaya TV was one of them.
 
nice one aceb,i tried early evening the quality went up to 57% then dropped down again,did the transponder 12304H last long.
 
I was watching it on and off for about an hour so there must be a peak around then as it wasn't there the previous night or earlier yesterday. It was pixellating quite a bit but remained locked for the duration, no meaningful signal readings from the F3.
 
What is the strongest transponder guys?
 
As I see it further East, easiest should be 12090V, then 12012V, then 12305H.
The transponder parameters are more important, because the strength and S/N is quite equal.
 

Attachments

  • 31.5E-RFScan.webp
    31.5E-RFScan.webp
    72 KB · Views: 59
thanks for that aceb tried 12304H it jumps from around 40% up to 65% but no lock.
 
Pride, if you are about you might want to try this one again, 12304H is quite strong at the moment and I'm getting a new transponder on 11759H 27500, it's a copy of 12012V.
 
Back
Top