Astra 1M on air. Any distant reports?

GOT IT! :)

11720 H
11758 H
11798 H

these 3tp's

signal is very strong, about 80% by globo scale. this means, can be set up as multifeed together with 13E
 
Yah result :D

Well done BombedOne.

Any sign of 11778V 27500 3/4 there - thats on the widebeam as well? What sized dish you using?
 
No trace of V's so far, but I got some strange, empty transponders, their frequencies are unlisted, see attached pic.

Dish is 1.5meter primefocus, but signal very strong, I think smaller one will also do OK.
 

Attachments

  • astra.webp
    astra.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 46
@BombedOne: Congratulations. But seems that the loss of signal in your area is very high for the Europe Beam.

@mehdisa: Do you get 11798V ? Are you located in Teheran or closer to the beam edge ?


Can we be sure that 11798V is using the Widebeam or is it a non proven information of flysat ?

EDIT:
In Gaziantep SE Turkey this frequency can be gotten on 1.20m so it's likely that it is indeed on the Widebeam though this does not prove it.
 
Update, I just went to roof again, re-adjusted LNB location and here's results:

1. Got all TP's currently active from WIDE beam (most strong is 11720 -85%, others 72-75%)
2. Got 12188H from european beam also! but signal too low, about 18%, very heavy dropping.
 
Excellent. That's indeed a good start. Suppose you've skewed also the LNB to its maximum as in _http://www.satlex.us/en/azel_calc-params.html?satlo=19.2&user_satlo=&user_satlo_dir=E&location=41.70%2C44.75&la=41.96&lo=44.10&country_code=ge&diam_w=75&diam_h=80 calculated, right ?
 
Regarding LNB adjustments, I think I can tweak it better, to have maximum signal, because, according to my current estimations, LNB is not in focal point of dish now. Also, tomorrow I'll try to do the test, using Invacom LNB.

Currently, with inverto IDLP-SFLANGE I'm able to receive the channels shown in the picture. If using Inverto Quattro LNB's H-H output, signal is a bit stronger, and channels from 12188 also can be locked.
 

Attachments

  • astrao.webp
    astrao.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 40
Excellent :)

Its always nice capturing a new satellite slot :)
 
BombedOne said:
No trace of V's so far, but I got some strange, empty transponders, their frequencies are unlisted, see attached pic.

Dish is 1.5meter primefocus, but signal very strong, I think smaller one will also do OK.

empty freq aren't clear in picture.
would u please tell what are them?
 
deepbluesky said:
@BombedOne: Congratulations. But seems that the loss of signal in your area is very high for the Europe Beam.

@mehdisa: Do you get 11798V ? Are you located in Teheran or closer to the beam edge ?


Can we be sure that 11798V is using the Widebeam or is it a non proven information of flysat ?

EDIT:
In Gaziantep SE Turkey this frequency can be gotten on 1.20m so it's likely that it is indeed on the Widebeam though this does not prove it.

I get 11798 with strong signal.I am in Tehran.
this freq is in the Widebeam.
 
BombedOne said:
Update, I just went to roof again, re-adjusted LNB location and here's results:

1. Got all TP's currently active from WIDE beam (most strong is 11720 -85%, others 72-75%)
2. Got 12188H from european beam also! but signal too low, about 18%, very heavy dropping.
another question

Please tell me your exact location and satellite equipment.
I am not able to recieve any signal of european beam
 
@BombedOne: I look forward in seeing your next test

@mehdisa: Thanks a lot. It's great to have you here. I am very interested in reception conditions in general and it's rare to see people from Iran in english speaking boards. Would be happy to see also reports about other satellites from you of course not in this thread.
 
deepbluesky said:
@BombedOne: I look forward in seeing your next test

@mehdisa: Thanks a lot. It's great to have you here. I am very interested in reception conditions in general and it's rare to see people from Iran in english speaking boards. Would be happy to see also reports about other satellites from you of course not in this thread.
That's your kind.
I will do that.
 
These empty transponders are:

10916H, SR 27500
10948H, SR 27500


My location is somewhere near of : 41°44'59.76"N 44°48'51.41"E

Equipment is 150cm primefocus solid steel dish labeled "SUPERMAX"
Inverto IDLP-SFLANGE LNB, Invacom C120 adjustable feedhorn, StarTrack SR55X receiver, Skystar 2.3i PC card.
 
BombedOne said:
These empty transponders are:

10916H, SR 27500
10948H, SR 27500


My location is somewhere near of : 41°44'59.76"N 44°48'51.41"E

Equipment is 150cm primefocus solid steel dish labeled "SUPERMAX"
Inverto IDLP-SFLANGE LNB, Invacom C120 adjustable feedhorn, StarTrack SR55X receiver, Skystar 2.3i PC card.
Thank u for your post
do u have signal at this moment?
 
Yes of course, Widebeam transponders are in same high power, european is still low:

(to be able to see ANY video, Q at SkyStar 2 2.3i should be at least 28%)
 

Attachments

  • skystar.webp
    skystar.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 43
Analoguesat said:
3 tp's from Astra 1H switched over to 1M overnight.

Two carrying RTL channels in the clear on the European beam and the one carrying CNN on the widebeam

_http://www.flysat.com/astra1m.php
Well,that explains why two of my German customers complained about losing RTL channels.(both on 1.2m dishes) And there was I up on the roof trying different lnb's. I only found out today about this new 1m. I have a 1.5 offset dish on 19.2 but we have rain all day today so can't tune sweet fa .:mad:
 
They are very weak - I can only get them when receiver is directly connected to LNB, now I'm at home, cable runs long way, and also passes trough diseqc, so no signal here.
 
Strange,looking at foot print of 1M european beam looks wider than 1H but signal received is weaker. Maybe bad weather over Europe affecting it?
 
Back
Top