Astra 1M on air. Any distant reports?

Hm, somebody in SDTV.gr board said he does not get some of D+ frequencies on his 2.40m. I was quite surprised so asked if the dish is aligned 100%. Maybe because of strong wind it has moved just a little bit and especially on big dishes this causes huge loss in SNR as you know. But so far i haven't seen a detailed report for each frequency in different times as Bombed One does for example to get an idea if also other people have similar problems.
 
Hi
I was reading this thread but I still don't undersatnd if there is any information regarding the size of dish that is requierd to get the European beam in Israel?
Does someone knows?
Thanks
 
If its any help I get no signal on european beam in cyprus with 80cm.Only signal on widebeam
 
eranmichel said:
Hi
I was reading this thread but I still don't undersatnd if there is any information regarding the size of dish that is requierd to get the European beam in Israel?
Does someone knows?
Thanks

You could have more luck searching at
_http://www.isra-sat.com/index.php
_http://www.orbita-sat.com/phpBB2/index.php

Very few people here are located in IL and nobody is using 3m+.
 
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and have reports regarding Astra 1M wide beam. I have tried 2-3 times to receive 1M Wide beam on 180cm offset dish in Dushanbe/Tajikistan (38n35, 68e48), which are off the footprint of 1M. So far no results. Could someone please give me frequencies which do not also exists at Hotbird 13 and have strongest signal, and information what are the best hours (day or evening) for searching for that frequencies.

Thanks

Ponchik
 
11720 is the strongest one here.....
 
gburtica said:
@ Christian
For dishs supply you can find it very easy in Dubai,also satellite recivers ; in Naif market you will be able to find this kind of items;mount i do it my self. I can help you if will be require.

hello,
Are you aware of any installation company that could doe the installation for the Astra in abu dhabi. if not then are you aware of any company that could be in Dubai???
 
Based on flysat there have been some changes from Astra 1KR/L to 1M and 11778V from 1M to 1H. Would like to hear if you all outside the footprint edges consider any change.
 
I noticed that even PAL channels are moved to Astra 1M.This analogue channels are easier to catch:)

deepbluesky tell you if you don't know , even in south of romania the reception of 19,2E is with headaches for small dishes , especialy in south east :cool:
 
doktorofsat, i have read a lot about Astra 1H beeing much more difficult in big parts of Romania than for example in Greece (always talking about the same meridian and dish size). The biggest problem is not the weakness of 1H but the compared to it extremely strong 1M which leads to severe interference of the 1H frequencies. Systems with excellent skew control and cross polar discrimination would help but most people haven't ever heard about these things.

Anyway, let's return to the new frequencies now beeing transmitted over 1M if flysat says the truth of course which first has to be proved. Analogue receivers are now quite useful to test with the ones transmitted in PAL. We'd like to hear how the situation looks like in the Caucasian countries, the Near/Middle East and Northeastern Africa as well.
 
I can see all the new updated TPs at Khartoum most of them are FTA this is my first test after the news in Flysat.

Regards

Gurat
 
Do you mean all the 1M Wide Beam or even the Europe Beam ones ?
 
All widebeam frequencies no European beem they are very weak here

Regards

Gurat
 
Can you see a noise free picture at 11464H/11523H/11553H/11582H without activating LT on your Echostar 8700 ? If not, which i believe, on which level does it become noise free ?
 
Great, will try to re-scan this sat again.

To be noted, in clear sky days, sometimes I can receive some of upper freq. end transponders of 1H (like 12640 or 12 699) on 1.5m primefocus dish.
 
I'm using universal LNB so I setup the LNB as High 12???

here are the result:

12582 (11582) H LT=0 Fluctauting between 1470 to 148? NDR TV both A/V recievable

12523 (11523) H LT=0 Fluctauting between 1470 to 148? D-SF both A/V recievable

12464 (11464) H Fluctauting between 1470 to 148? sonnenklarTV both A/V recievable



Gurat
 
What about 11553H ? Do you get it as well ?

Since many of us do not remember the signal values of the LT8700, what do these values mean ? Is the picture clear without any noise ?
 
The setup for the LT 8700 uses the followings:

LNB Band: KU-low; KU high; S; C bands the old values. You have to set it manually.

I can see the picture clearly with 0 LT value

Gurat
 
11778v receiver very weak signal 1h
3 tp move from 1L to 1m 11510,11538,11568
what about 11597v,11683,11671,11470v will be move also ?
 
Gurat, have you checked the very weak analogue Astra 1KR/L frequencies as well ? If so, do you see anything besides noise with the highest LT level ?

solly, if anybody could answer your question this should be somebody working either at SES Astra or in a station transmitting over the frequencies you have mentioned. I doubt very much that they want or have the right to publish such information on a public board like this. See, we all are still surprised that these changes have happened. Nobody has yet written why so very unlikely that we will know which and if when will follow.
 
Back
Top