Astra 1M on air. Any distant reports?

deepbluesky said:
Of course it does. Thanks for the report. I wonder which size these days one needs for permanent reception of all 1H/KR/L/M frequencies in Eastern Cyprus. Before the 1KR launch 1G/H were ok on even 1.80m Offset dishes at least in Western Cyprus. But i fear things have gone worse because of the very sharp beam edge of all the new satellites.

I hate the new Astra 1M.

They transferred important TV channels (10744H) from Astra 1KR to 1M and they are completely GONE = black picture = signal 0%

Moreover 1M seems to interfere with other frequencies (11836H) so that they get corrupted, too.

Argh!

I have a 2.4m dish in Cyprus with a brand new LNB, so if anyone knows a solution please reply here! Thanks!
 
In Tel Aviv you can get this frequency now on 2.40m as vtm22 writes at _http://forum.dxtv.de/wbb/thread.php?postid=137581
It might be possible that Cyprus is not that favoured, especially the Eastern part of the island (are you located there ?) but let me ask you some things:

Is your dish motorized or fixed ?

In case of latter is the LNB skew optimized ?

In case of first is the arc correct ? Strong wind can (if not tightened well) disalign the dish and you will immediately lose signal, especially on such a big dish like that. The skew can also differ of the ideal one for 19.2E. This is what some people in Greece realize.

Is the dish of high quality or not ? Lower quality might perform as a much smaller one.

I beg your pardon if these essential questions are ridiculous but not few people often do not take care of them.
 
knnknn said:
I hate the new Astra 1M.


I have a 2.4m dish in Cyprus with a brand new LNB, so if anyone knows a solution please reply here! Thanks!

Bigger dish of course.
 
New location will be burial orbit I think...


p.s. for some strange reasons, two days ago, I was able to receive 10979 V from 1KR for about 2-3 hour period.
 
According to a post in german DF board somebody has written that Markus Payer from SES Astra told him, 1F will be positioned at 57E until NSS12 will be set active there. Then 1F will return.

The news section of DF wrote also that 1G will be moved to 31.5E as soon as 3B will be set active at 23.5E. After that 2C will return to 28.2E.
 
Got report from Cimsilia, Moldova.

Very strange - while located nearly the 1H coverage area, that sat is completely dead there, but here in georgia, it's more stronger than 1M europe beam :)
 
On which dish size ? Is this a quality dish or a cheapish chinese made ? If PFA does a flange LNB work in it or just a usual one for offset dishes ? Is an LNB with high XPD beeing used ?

As long as more people from the region don't say the same i do hardly believe that 1H is not receivable there. I guess 1.80m is the smallest one would need there to start seeing the first frequencies from 1H appearing since the severely strong 1L/M ruin anything of 1H.
 
88cm triax, fitted on motor :)

Here you can see more details.
 

Attachments

  • 19.webp
    19.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 55
Oh i see. With that small dish of course the result does not suprise me. But there is one 1H frequency above lock limit: 12051V - Pretty amazing i would say.

Thanks for the table.
 
I thought i would update my reception for 1h since things have moved around recently.Is anybody getting similar reception on these tpx in this region ? Im especially intersted in 12604H(sky news).

Deepbluesky I have taken note of post #222 and will try these remedys next time down in cyp.I know my dish is slightly out as i cant receive 8w and 12.5w at the moment.I have tried deleting unused tpx as i had a problem with 12597v on 13E.This solved that problem but not the freqs on 1H.Also original installer used very thin poor quality cable to feed through the conduit to the roof.Could this effect signal ?

I've noticed that some dead tpx in Moldova report are ok in my location


11836H X
11954H OK
12051V OK
12070H X
12090V X
12110H OK
12129V OK
12148H OK
12168V X
12188H X
12246V X
12266H OK
12285V OK
12324V X
12344H OK
12363V OK
12402V X
12422H OK
12460H X
12480V X
12552V X
12581V X
12604H X
12640V X
12663H X
12670V X
12692H OK

Regards Uk2cyp
 
Here the strongest one from 1H is 12692 - you may even get it with fine adjusted 1.2m and good LNB (through signal will be very low)

Astra 1H:

12265 H 27500 … 24%
12285 V 27500 … 22%
12343 H 27500 … 26%
12363 V 27500 … 22%
12421 H 27500 … 24%
12640 V 22000 … 29%
12692 H 22000 … 29%

1.5m primefocus dish + inverto lnb.

Going to 2.4m doubles signal Q, and more transponders become available - even some from 1L.
 
Thanks for the info BombedOne.Interesting i dont get 12640v wheras you do.

Do you get a signal from 12604h ?

Thanks
 
Unfortunately I don't remember, since I had only 15 minute access to that 2.4m dish (on my 1.5m I don't get 12604h), so had no time to exactly record received freq's. Only can say, that instead of 1KR, wich I was expecting to receive, I was getting a lot from 1L.
 
I recieve astra 1M Wide perfectly with a 1.80m solid dish here in amman Jordan, but no signal of 1H/1KR /1L :(

View attachment 27398
 

Attachments

  • screen1 (600 x 450).webp
    screen1 (600 x 450).webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 43
Edit: Friens of us receive all frequencies of Astra 1M Widebeam and Astra 1H with a 1.7 Meter dish in Syria, Damaskus which is much more flat than mine that means that I cant receive Astra 1H because my Dish is a C-Band one is my conclusion.
 
Here are the detailed result from 2.4m primefocus dish, aimed at 19.2E

Code:
Transponder	1.5m primefocus	2.4m primefocus	Beam
10832		+	1M Europe
10979		+	1KR
11303		+	1L
11836		+	1H
11954		+	1H
12032		+	1M Europe
12051		+	1H
12090		+	1H
12110		+	1H
12129		+	1H
12207		+	1H
12265	+	+	1H
12285	+	+	1H
12343	+	+	1H
12363	+	+	1H
12422	+	+	1H
12640	+	+	1H
12692	+	+	1H
 
Hi I just got an inverto LNB (IDLP-tflange) with an invacom feedhorn, and many frequencies on 1H/1L/1KR/1m now have appeared.


Here only details for astra 1M in -Jordan (since the thread is about 1M):

Europebeam ANALOGUE Pal:

10714 H good (KiKA)
10758 V weaker (QVC)
10803 H Good(N24)
10936 V Weaker (9Live)

Detailed pictures: http://cid-aa55d960e4183df0.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Bilder/Sat/Astra19.2%5E_empfang%5E_jordanien/Analog/Astra1M/EuropeBeam

I do not get any signal for the digital transponders located at the high band of 1M Europe!

In some days i'll get an HD-Receiver to see if I maybe get the HD-Transponder 10832 H which should work since I get all analogue channels on 1M Lowband europebeam.:)
 
saadi said:
Europebeam ANALOGUE Pal:

10714 H good (KiKA)
10758 V weaker (QVC)
10803 H Good(N24)
10936 V Weaker (9Live)

9Live is going off air at the end of December, make the most of it :D.
 
Back
Top