Astra 1N moving to 19.2E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the 1N beacon, I think its wick has been turned up to a beefy 50dBuV (my location's reading) for its transition to 19E. As far as I can ascertain there's no likelihood of it interfering with beacons or adjacent TP's on any satellite along the geo arc until it gets to 19E.
 
THE EPHEMERIS VALUES ARE:

LM0 LM1
DEG. E
27.6315 -0.5775
27.055 14/02 14:00
26.476 15/02 14:00
25.90 16/02 14:00
25.30 17/02 14:00
24.70 18/02 14:00
24.10 19/02 14:00
 
Wow, that's some powerful beacon. I place it at around 27E now, I'm quite a few pulses off of 28.2E. I can even see it alongside a BADR beacon at 26E!

Actually, I think it's 11452.75V. My LNB LO is off true frequency.

08:57 14.02.2014
Hello,
I was torn between 11452.75 or 11453...
I note another beacon 11443 H.... you can check the exact frequency?
 

Attachments

  • 11443-H.webp
    11443-H.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 61
Yes, there is a strong horizontal beacon moving west with 1N. I think you're about right, maybe just shy of 11443H, possibly 11442.75H, but I really need to fine adjust the Promax LO's with my wayward LNB's LO to get it spot on.
 
A1N 19.34E 2014/02/28 20:44:10
(ses)
 
Astra 1N moving from 28.2E to 19.2E in five and half minutes. A video I made mostly for fun, with the help of Stellarium. :)

 
Well it's not absolutely accurate. It is based on the latest tle, but it seems Stellarium inserts some error in the calculations. Nevertheless, it's fun! :D
 
Astra 1N moving from 28.2E to 19.2E in five and half minutes. A video I made mostly for fun, with the help of Stellarium. :)

Lets hope Skynet 5B doesn't become aware and try to terminate Astra 1N :)
 
2014/03/02 20:15:26 19.28E
 
please also make astra 2c move from 19.2e to 28.2e
next project

No problem with that, but we have to wait for the actual move of 2c first, because the simuation is based on the current tle data...
 
please also make astra 2c move from 19.2e to 28.2e
next project
They will move 2C in time but don't get too excited as it's probably not going to see service at 28E, apart from maybe a bit of testing. It will be used only as backup for one of the other satellites.

Out of curiosity, has anyone got a 28E 2C footprint map?
 
astra 1n pass 25.5e
next satellite 23.5e meet next two days
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top