Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I suspect some transponders will be shifted to 2E or 2F if 2A needs to go wandering.

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
so this time people in Scotland are in the best position to recognize changes... here not much will change I guess.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
so this time people in Scotland are in the best position to recognize changes... here not much will change I guess.
I suspect someone forgot to update the footprint maps or they are doing new ones that aren't ready yet. I highly doubt users in parts of Scotland and Ireland will be expected to use 80 or 90cm dishes. When 2C was at originally 28.2E the beam was shifted north a lot more and easily covered the whole of Ireland and the UK with a >60cm dish.

This post shows the likely footprint:
Astra 2C's move to 28.2E

Last edited:

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
I noticed that when 2C was at 19E that some of its transponders were noticeably weaker here than the rest of the transmission fleet there, especially the S2 transponders with the RBB & MDR HD channels being the weakest. Since 1N has taken over service there, it's a lot more equal there now across the board.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Center of Box info for Astra 2A ends on 21st May at the moment while other satellites have listings up to 27th May...

Could Astra 2C be brought into use within the next week or so??

False alarm. Center of Box info now updated to 29th May for Astra 2A at 28.2E (in line with other satellites), so it doesn't look like it's moving just yet...