Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Analoguesat said:
See if you can find the Dutch regional channels on 11914 H 27500 3/4 at 23.5E. These are a HUGE signal - you literally cant miss them.

Also assuming you don't accidentally lock on 11.919h on 26.0°e, very possible if carefully aligned to get something on badR with a 65cm in London. I've accidentally locked onto this previously with a similar sized dish.

If and when you do fine 23.5°e, it's only a very small movement further East to find Astra2.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Analoguesat said:
See if you can find the Dutch regional channels on 11914 H 27500 3/4 at 23.5E. These are a HUGE signal - you literally cant miss them.

Also assuming you don't accidentally lock on 11.919h on 26.0°e, very possible if carefully aligned to get something on badR with a 65cm in London. I've accidentally locked onto this previously with a similar sized dish.

If and when you do fine 23.5°e, it's only a very small movement further East to find Astra2.

Skylark320

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star reciever connected to 65cm fortec star dish with single lnb
My Location
London
ok guys, will try this when in it next daylight as i've been out for the evening! Thanks for all the advice though, i'll get there soon!

Are any of the satellite finders that run in like google maps any good? Cause i was working off them but they seem to have sent me in the wrong direction!!

Thanks

Skylark320

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
ok guys, will try this when in it next daylight as i've been out for the evening! Thanks for all the advice though, i'll get there soon!

Are any of the satellite finders that run in like google maps any good? Cause i was working off them but they seem to have sent me in the wrong direction!!

Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Skylark320 said:
Thanks

All you need is a cheap and cheerful squawker meter, an understanding of general El angles and the ability to read a rough bearing on a compass. Be prepared to scan for channels on the receiver a few times. Can also be done using the receiver signal screen.

I think if you keep at it and follow all the above guidance, you'll soon crack it and be enjoying the beauty of Astra2 programming. Well.....not all right :D

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Skylark320 said:
Thanks

All you need is a cheap and cheerful squawker meter, an understanding of general El angles and the ability to read a rough bearing on a compass. Be prepared to scan for channels on the receiver a few times. Can also be done using the receiver signal screen.

I think if you keep at it and follow all the above guidance, you'll soon crack it and be enjoying the beauty of Astra2 programming. Well.....not all right :D

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
this would be easier if you had a better meter.
if you are in the uk you should look at some other dishes to get the approx direction.
if you are geting polish channels the above advice is correct you may be in 19 east.
in that direction and standing behind the dish there is one at 13 east.
1 inch to the left there is one at 16 and another there is one at 19.
few inches to the left there is one at 23 few more one at 26 and another inch or so there is one at 28 which is where you want to be.
the dish lnb if standardly made needs to point to 7 on the clock where the cable screws on undernneeth.
this if you are facing the front of the dish.
this is the scrw of the lnb because the satellites in that area are slanted is space.
if you set up the bbc frequency and some one can look at the sig strength and quality while you are moving the dish a little at a time.
you can peek the signal out and it should be a lot easier.

hope this helps a little:)
ralph

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
this would be easier if you had a better meter.
if you are in the uk you should look at some other dishes to get the approx direction.
if you are geting polish channels the above advice is correct you may be in 19 east.
in that direction and standing behind the dish there is one at 13 east.
1 inch to the left there is one at 16 and another there is one at 19.
few inches to the left there is one at 23 few more one at 26 and another inch or so there is one at 28 which is where you want to be.
the dish lnb if standardly made needs to point to 7 on the clock where the cable screws on undernneeth.
this if you are facing the front of the dish.
this is the scrw of the lnb because the satellites in that area are slanted is space.
if you set up the bbc frequency and some one can look at the sig strength and quality while you are moving the dish a little at a time.
you can peek the signal out and it should be a lot easier.

hope this helps a little:)
ralph

Skylark320

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
thanks all, shall get back to you next week when i next have a chance to try it out!
Iplayer it is til then!

Skylark320

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
thanks all, shall get back to you next week when i next have a chance to try it out!
Iplayer it is til then!

Skylark320

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
hey guys, just to let you know i had another go xmas eve and the reader suddenly went off thesving my achart and i have tv...thanks for saving my xmas...i am US ng one or two channels like SSN/Five US, any ideas?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Glad you got sorted, if you would care to translate the rest of the post perhaps someone may be able to answer whatever the question is:-thumbup

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Skylark320 said:
hey guys, just to let you know i had another go xmas eve and the reader suddenly went off thesving my achart and i have tv...thanks for saving my xmas...i am US ng one or two channels like SSN/Five US, any ideas?

Sky Sports News, Five US, Fiver are Encrypted on satellite.

Sky Sports News is a Subscription Channel and the Five offshoots are Free To View (Card required,but no Subscription) on "Sky" not Free To Air (Clear and universally available).

But well done on getting the alignment right :-thumbup