Astra 2D Reception in Italy

Roddyb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600 receiver, Channelmaster 1.8 m, Channelmaster feedhorn, Invacom C120 twin LNB
My Location
Umbria, Italy
I installed the following equipment CM 1.8m, Invacom C120 with CM feedhorn, Pace 2600C receiver in a fringe area, Umbria in Italy. When setting up the dish I got a signal strength of 50 to 60 on a digipro meter. However when I tried to tune the receiver it reported "no signal available". The receiver is second hand and I am advised needs a software update. Can anyone advise how do you do this? I have brought the receiver back to the UK in order to do it here, if it works, will I be able to tune the channels in when I take it back to Italy?

Regards

Roddyb

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
if your dish size is not large enough to receive default transponder 11778V from your location you will get "no signal is received"
You will need to go into installer setup menu and change the default transponder frequency to another (preferably 12207v) to get the box started.

Roddyb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600 receiver, Channelmaster 1.8 m, Channelmaster feedhorn, Invacom C120 twin LNB
My Location
Umbria, Italy
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that. I think I may have to buy another box though, searching through the pages I see advice that a forced download should not be attempted unless the signal is being received. Unfortunately in my ignorance I attempted to do so a number of times.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
Anywhere in Italy south of Florence,has no chance of getting 2D reception,there are reports of people with 3 mt dishes who do not receive it.
I have a 2mt dish here in Florence with an Invercom LNB and feedhorn,reception at the moment is 24/7 which always happens at this time of the year.
In the summer its ok up till about 20-00 hrs,then it breaks up till 08-00 approx.
channel 4 and 5 are perfect with a 1 mt dish,should imagine it will be the same in Umbria.