Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are referring to the press release, it's about 28B which was only really a backup. Interesting that it is going so soon though...
Oops so it was, thanks
 
I don't know if this is relevant, but a new channel has appeared on my Sky+ box called BBC RB2, it's looping a winter Olympics promotion video. Appears on EPG as 65535- one down from BBC1. (Scottish FTV card)
 
No, TT, not relevant.

It appeared a few days ago in readiness for Sochi :)

Reported here
 
It's on the Astra 2F.
 
OK, thx. So much going on just now! Must be 2F PE, as don't get a sniff of UK beam here.
 
its very interesting, that in daytime the 1N EuBeam is weaker than 1N UK Beam (but in nighttime I can get picture in 1N EU Beam- the difference,day-night, is about 6dB ).
Now I wait the 2E... it must improve much this situation.
 
I don't know if this is relevant, but a new channel has appeared on my Sky+ box called BBC RB2, it's looping a winter Olympics promotion video. Appears on EPG as 65535- one down from BBC1. (Scottish FTV card)
See this post from last week (Tuesday).
He had a promotion / loop change that day, discussed in this post:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...winter-olympic-stream-28e.160577/#post-870562
---------------------------------------
Mira este post de la semana pasada (miercoles).
Tenia una promocion/bucle que cambio ese dia, esta comentado en el post:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...winter-olympic-stream-28e.160577/#post-870562
 
Tururu why do you translate posts in Spanish?

Maybe he writes in Spanish and translates to English. :)

Tal vez, escribe en español y se traduce en Inglés. ;)
 
tp38 ,12441 V stronger now.
 
Last edited:
I write in Spanish and translated into English.
With a little willpower can "understand", not always. :-wow
As we look for technical information, no problem.
Sorry translations. :(

PS: Almost as translations from English to Spanish.:-rofl2
----------------------
Escribo en español y traducido al ingles.
Con un poco de voluntad se puede "entender", no siempre. :-wow
Como buscamos informacion tecnica, no hay problema.
Siento las traducciones.:(

PD: Casi como las traducciones del ingles al español.:-rofl2
 
I write in Spanish and translated into English.
With a little willpower can "understand", not always. :-wow
As we look for technical information, no problem.
Sorry translations. :(

PS: Almost as translations from English to Spanish.:-rofl2
----------------------
Escribo en español y traducido al ingles.
Con un poco de voluntad se puede "entender", no siempre. :-wow
Como buscamos informacion tecnica, no hay problema.
Siento las traducciones.:(

PD: Casi como las traducciones del ingles al español.:-rofl2



Si, Si, es no problema. :) Lo siento por mi espanol.

Necessito mas espanol.
 
Mod. Note: Ok, can we get back to discussion of Astra 2E, please.
 
12441 V is 22500 4/5 and 16APSK.. my tbs5922 not handle it..
 
20140203_135156.webp

I have spent the morning installing a 90cm dish next to the big Channel Master. It is a basic Televes dish with single Inverto Black Ultra LNB. The receiver is a Technomate 5402 HD M2. I am pulling in 2F PE beam no problem.

The plan is to set up a dummy satellite with just the TPs that are currently not receivable here (i.e. Astra 2A North and Astra 1N PE) so that a quick scan will reveal any TP moves or tests on the PE beams.

I will also be able to quickly verify any suspected TP moves reported in the forums where they were not previously receivable here.

20140203_144410.webp
 
View attachment 61441

I have spent the morning installing a 90cm dish next to the big Channel Master. It is a basic Televes dish with single Inverto Black Ultra LNB. The receiver is a Technomate 5402 HD M2. I am pulling in 2F PE beam no problem.

The plan is to set up a dummy satellite with just the TPs that are currently not receivable here (i.e. Astra 2A North and Astra 1N PE) so that a quick scan will reveal any TP moves or tests on the PE beams.

I will also be able to quickly verify any suspected TP moves reported in the forums where they were not previously receivable here.

View attachment 61442

I will be over in our place in Fuerteventura 5 weeks on Saturday, we have a 1.2m dish so will be interesting to compare the differences, if any. :)
 
I know it is all a bit unknown but does anyone have any idea when the migration will take place and so when we may lose channels? And also does anyone know what will be moving? Are there any signals we can test yet on 2E?
 
12441 V is 22500 4/5 and 16APSK.. my tbs5922 not handle it..
Data not valid for normal tuner.
Datos no validos para un sintonizador normal.
 

Attachments

  • 28E_12440V_3_2_2014_1400Horas.webp
    28E_12440V_3_2_2014_1400Horas.webp
    237.6 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top