Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that 2A was cleared first. End of an era for me, had Sky digital from the start. Now I need to decide if it's worth holding on for 2G in case they do use the Europe beam for some decent channels (not convinced they will), setup a Slingbox or just cancel and save £££... The latter is very tempting, but can I actually do it?!
I cannot yet check the channels myself in Finland, but in huoltovalikko forum there is report that 125cm dish can get these moved channels.
 
Indeed suprising that they start with 2A.

Before:



and after:

 
Delighted to finally see the back of that 2A north beam! Sky Premiere HD gone from 24% signal to 83%, ITV 2, 3 and 4 HD gone from zero signal to 88%! Happy days!
 
Indeed suprising that they start with 2A.]

Perhaps 2A is in pretty poor condition, forcing the decisions that have been made?
 
Interesting that 2A was cleared first. End of an era for me, had Sky digital from the start. Now I need to decide if it's worth holding on for 2G in case they do use the Europe beam for some decent channels (not convinced they will), setup a Slingbox or just cancel and save £££... The latter is very tempting, but can I actually do it?!
you will get 11720-12050 in Hki easy with 125+ dish (maybe even with 110cm)
 
you will get 11720-12050 in Hki easy with 125+ dish (maybe even with 110cm)

Peeter is right. I tried these with 125 gibby before I went to work and every freq. (ex 2A) still Ok. Ex 2A north beams little bit weaker but sure enough. In fact some ex south beam frecuencies were stronger than earlier.


And location is near Kerava golfball:rolleyes:
 
you will get 11720-12050 in Hki easy with 125+ dish (maybe even with 110cm)
Unfortunately my apartment's balcony can only just fit an 80cm dish due to the angle of 28E.
 
Peeter is right. I tried these with 125 gibby before I went to work and every freq. (ex 2A) still Ok. Ex 2A north beams little bit weaker but sure enough. In fact some ex south beam frecuencies were stronger than earlier.


And location is near Kerava golfball:rolleyes:
Well that gives me some hope, I shall have a check of the levels tonight but not too optimistic.
 
Premiere ITV HD2,3,4 Are 100% SNR here in Madrid. On my 1.5 havent checked with the 1.2 .
 
Here in Eastern Cyprus have lost all channels using a 2.4m dish. I don't know if any 2E channels are receivable on a bigger (say 4.2m) dish. When is 2G due to be in service please?
Thank you very much,
Viktor Mustafa.
 
I cannot yet check the channels myself in Finland, but in huoltovalikko forum there is report that 125cm dish can get these moved channels.
I suspect you'll be OK with that 3m. ;)

It'll be very interesting to see what the 2E UK beam will be like for your setup compared to 2F.
 
Delighted to finally see the back of that 2A north beam!

And not more having to change the sky default transponder frequency from 11778 to another - its coming in load and clear even on my 80cm dish!
 
Here in Eastern Cyprus have lost all channels using a 2.4m dish. I don't know if any 2E channels are receivable on a bigger (say 4.2m) dish. When is 2G due to be in service please?
Thank you very much,
Viktor Mustafa.
At the moment 2G looks like it'll be launched around late May or June if there are no delays, then a month or two of testing after that.
 
Here in Eastern Cyprus have lost all channels using a 2.4m dish. I don't know if any 2E channels are receivable on a bigger (say 4.2m) dish. When is 2G due to be in service please?
Thank you very much,
Viktor Mustafa.

soon i map tp over spectrum
how db transponder low and strong even no lock
 
Is 12344H still on 2A (south)? Doing a quick tot up of 2A TP's, all 12 Sky uplinked TP's now appear to have been migrated apart from TP33 if someone else can confirm?

This leaves seven non-Sky uplinked TP's to go from 2A.
 
Alicante - 1.2m... all good for the first time on this size dish :)
 
it move to astra 2e no reception here
tp 33 12344h
Thanks Solly, as this is Sky handled I'd have expected it to be uplinked on the same antenna therefore part of the migration last night. So only seven TP's left, thirteen TP's migrated.
 
it 12 tp move from 2a to 2e
also have 7 tp on 2a
maybe tonight more move
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top