Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
tp alive on astr 2a
11817v
11895v
12051v
12285v
11875h
12032h
12480V is still active too. Solly, you obviously can't see the 2A North beam TP's.

Cheers Blueplatinum for confirmation on 12207V, this is obviously still on 1N. Will be interesting to see if SES migrate all of these 1N PE TP's to 2E or 2F as they will want to balance loading between 2E and F.
 
About 12207 I'm not so sure. A couple of posts here of no reception anymore and here that signal seems to be stronger than before.
 
A big thankyou from me for the way the various 2E topics are going.

You're making life as a Mod. blissfully easy! :-biglaugh
 
About 12207 I'm not so sure. A couple of posts here of no reception anymore and here that signal seems to be stronger than before.
Blueplatunum can accurately measure 1N PE's potential migration as the Canaries are a blackspot for 1N with the footprint being offset (for its final 19E location) so he'll be the first to tell us when or if we see movement.

I'll also see signal increase here in the UK which hasn't happened yet.
 
I read back and I have overlooked one word, quiet an important word: "not". My apologies. I adjusted my dish this Autumn. That's propbably the reason of 12207 being stronger here ;-)
 
Blueplatunum can accurately measure 1N PE's potential migration as the Canaries are a blackspot for 1N with the footprint being offset (for its final 19E location) so he'll be the first to tell us when or if we see movement.

I'll also see signal increase here in the UK which hasn't happened yet.
Yes. Even big dishes which pull in 1N UK spot don't get 1N PE here.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
Yes. Even big dishes which pull in 1N UK spot don't get 1N PE here.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Same for me in Helsinki, a 1.8m doesn't see 1N PE1 so I should be able to tell when they finally get rid of it...
 
so 1N is to stay until 2G arrives ? They only switched off 2A transponders so far....
 
so 1N is to stay until 2G arrives ? They only switched off 2A transponders so far....
Not necessarily. They will stage the changes by uplink I think.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
we obviously cannot be sure whether they only switched to 2E or also 2F ... their footprints are very similar, I guess for that we have to wait for an official list.
Because 2E alone couldnt replace both 2A and 1N...
 
so 1N is to stay until 2G arrives ? They only switched off 2A transponders so far....
CoB shows 1N to 14.02 13:30.
after that it possibly start to move.
 
Last edited:
As I predicted,all Sky channels on 2E so far are using the European beam.
This is clearly to keep subscriptions abroad
 
As I predicted,all Sky channels on 2E so far are using the European beam.
This is clearly to keep subscriptions abroad
Or because there are a limited number of UK spots and they are kept for those who need them.
 
we obviously cannot be sure whether they only switched to 2E or also 2F ... their footprints are very similar, I guess for that we have to wait for an official list.
Because 2E alone couldnt replace both 2A and 1N...
They all went to 2E. I can tell because I have 80% quality on them all. I only get 60% quality on 2F PE.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
They all went to 2E. I can tell because I have 80% quality on them all. I only get 60% quality on 2F PE.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Wouldn't the different bandwidth (26MHz vs 33MHz) and transmission modes (22.0 5/6 vs 27.5 2/3) also influence the results a little? (although probably not by that much, I agree)
 
@timo_w2s: yes I think so too. The spot beam is a Freesat-only operation. And I still think there is no spotbeam capability for 33MHz transponders.
 
@timo_w2s: yes I think so too. The spot beam is a Freesat-only operation. And I still think there is no spotbeam capability for 33MHz transponders.
I was under the impression with the E3000 Astrium designed birds for 28E that any TP, be it 26/33 MHz across the Ku spectrum could use the spot or PE antennas? Surely it's a case of the output RF stage amplifier passing through a Co-ax switch to route RF via a CU to whichever antenna is in use for that particular TP.

Wasn't there PE and spot testing done at 43.5E for some 33MHz TP's?
 
They all went to 2E. I can tell because I have 80% quality on them all. I only get 60% quality on 2F PE.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
this is the perfect news if the new transfers to 2E.

I was not sure about that. Becouse I have same signal rate with 2F European beam and 2F European beam.
 
Doesn't NIT information tell you what satellite it comes from? Or only position?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top