Captain Jack
Retired human
- My Satellite Setup
- See signature
- My Location
- North Somerset
Would someone be willing to create a footprint map of 2E spot, based on all the reports that have come in?
Appologies for going slighly off topic here but I was thinking about investing in a Inverto Black Ultra to see if it had any advantage over my existing Invacom. Any thoughts - anyone?
Is there any reports of 2E reception in Malta, if so what sized dishes? I guess it's way too far south and east of the footprint.''many cold-spots''. But why is that. Down here in Malta we can receive Italy's Terrestrial Rai Broadcast, Mediaset's and a lot more from small Italian stations although these stations are not intended for us and more than 100km's away. Surely it is a problem of putting more repeaters at strategic points! Anyway Tivu as I said my opinion only.
If that was fast, it took 15 minutes the other night gave them time to make a sandwich.Here's the animated sequence from the South of France. All happened quickly.
Here's the animated sequence from the South of France. All happened quickly.
![]()
Thanks for the info Snap and well done for a very interesting blogSomeone has sent in a report saying very weak reception of BBC 2HD on a 3 metre in Gibraltar. BBC returned in Gran Canaria, no dish size given. See skyinmadrid.com for latest.
Hi BCW
[slightly off topic] What software do you use to monitor the signals? Especially this one, you posted some days ago...
http://agr.nl/sattv/satmonitor/migrationRF.png
Thanks!
Be happy to discuss further - perhaps on a different thread?
Ben

Is there any reports of 2E reception in Malta, if so what sized dishes? I guess it's way too far south and east of the footprint.
Absurd on every level!
What is the SR and FEC of this? Presumably 16APSK?The two datacarriers on 11464 / 11479 are gone.
But there is a new one on 11494H which is very weak here, so I cannot get a SNR. Is it on UK Spot beam ?
Same here, a peak around 11494H but too weak to lock.The two datacarriers on 11464 / 11479 are gone.
But there is a new one on 11494H which is very weak here, so I cannot get a SNR. Is it on UK Spot beam ?