Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the bbc1 Hd signal compared to bbc1 Wales Hd. Huevos?
 
First I'd just like to say condolences to anyone who has lost all their BBC channels. :( C4 and ITV changes are still to come. :mad:
Thanks - an interesting day ahead driving around the area with my 'mobile' 1.9M Famaval strapped to the roof of the van.. Should have more results later.
When is Analoguesat starting up the 2E disaster (I mean reception reports) map?
 
Here's the animated GIF sequence in Southern France.

spectraMigration2.gif
 
And here are two more screenshots in timeline format, one of RF, the other of CNR.
I recorded only 2 1N transponders, of which only one migrated so far.)


agr.nl/sattv/satmonitor/migrationRF.png
agr.nl/sattv/satmonitor/migrationCNR.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a couple of db less from the 2F UK transponders in the Valencia area, so far so good ... 2F UK aroud 10.5db, 2E UK around 8.5db

Same picture here in Madrid , my kneck has been spared but the decision to get a slightly bigger dish than i needed for 2F was a good one :)

Edit : Actually i would have gotten away with just the 1.2m dish which in my setup has a motor inline with a 30-40m run of coax ..10803h for example is coming in at 8db with that setup.
 
Last edited:
Morning everyone
10818 strongest here.
 
Morning everyone
10818 strongest here.
¿Morning to you........is this 10818 with your 1.4m and still situated in Torrevieja?

Thanks and enjoy your day.
 
Good news here on the Costa Blanca South on a 2.2m Pasat, BBC transponders look to be about 5% lower in signal strength than 1N, and upto 5% lower in quality, slightly lower than 2F. More details later. Plan B not needed! When i get a chance I will set up the 1M dish and see any 2E/2F spot channels (unlikely) are visible.
 
Just a couple of db less from the 2F UK transponders in the Valencia area, so far so good ... 2F UK aroud 10.5db, 2E UK around 8.5db

Salva - what size dish are you using?
 
All BBC gone in the Canaries .. (so far, just doing a complete scan)
 
Morning all. So if I've followed this thread correctly it's just the ITV and Ch4 transponders that are left on 1N? Maybe they'll switch tonight.
 
Thanks - an interesting day ahead driving around the area with my 'mobile' 1.9M Famaval strapped to the roof of the van.. Should have more results later.
When is Analoguesat starting up the 2E disaster (I mean reception reports) map?



Friday evening, once things have settled down and the working week is over.
 
¿Morning to you........is this 10818 with your 1.4m and still situated in Torrevieja?

Thanks and enjoy your day.
Yes it's a little out as well ,we had so much overkill never bother to adjust. Will get on roof to adjust and post some readings later.
I am just going to take some readings off 1.37 so will stick them on as well.
 
Good morning, campers.


First, apologies to a few Members whose Posts have been stuck in the Moderation Queue: These have all now been released.

Secondly, very many thanks to all who lost sleep and have given detailed and useful reports from all around Europe and beyond.

It seems there are few surprises but perhaps the overall picture (excuse the unintended pun) is not as universally bad as the doom-mongers predicted.

What is clear is that it will take a couple of days before the full outcome is clear owing to the certainty of signals varying as the day progresses.

Keep it coming ..................
 
Just posting this in the general discussion for now until we get the map going. Despite there being a gale and lashing rain, I can't see a discernable difference on the migrated transponders. Hardly surprising being this close to the 2E spot beam but a bit of a relief. At some point, I'll take readings from the small oval dish I have set up on 28E
 
I'll shock you all and announce I still can't get any signals from the UK spot beams on my 80cm in Helsinki. :p
 
All BBC gone in the Canaries .. (so far, just doing a complete scan)
I am receiving the Horizontal TPs only similar to 2F, so will probably lose them later on in the day.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
How is the bbc1 Hd signal compared to bbc1 Wales Hd. Huevos?
Even though signal level on 2E has now increased 10847V is still 0.3dB below 11023H.
 
All very interesting chaps. I've never known any other satellite position cause so much hubbub! From reading various reports, am I safe to assume that the situation is overall better than what it used to be with the old Astra 2D?
 
Doesn't that depend on what is your location in Europe?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top