Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some feedback.
Have deployed plan B ( streaming ) until the snow melts here ( end of march ) then can begin tinkering with the dish again:)
 
Im planning to start the 2E Europe beam map tomorrow night when I can sit down with a beer and study the reports.

The forum is running so slowly for me atm Im having problems just getting threads to open.
 
FWIW the signal levels on the BBC have gone up 2-3% on the DB 7020 compared to yesterday.
 
Is this forum running a bit slow or is it just me?
 
No, not just you. It's just taken me 40 mins to Delete a Duplicated Post.
 
Seems to be OK again now...
 
Phew. I thought it was my computer that was dying! The speed seems OK now.
 
O but what fun trying :) Now how can a get a 5m dish of resin spinning fast enough and without wobbling....might have to put my van on its side and buy one of those kiddy pools...
 
Wow... yep, focusing seems to be the key here. I wonder what 2E levels are like in Cyprus/Greece - haven't seen any reports from there yet.

There is no lock in any 2E spot signal with my 1,25 dish, but the situation is really better now. I guess with a >1,8-2,4m dish it would be possible to receive the 2E spot (perhaps the 2F spot also) here in west Crete. You may see the difference before/after in the following graph:

astra_2e_spot.webp


And these are the results of a scan I made earlier today, from 11700-12750 MHz (reception of 2E PE beam is better in mainland Greece)

11719,H,29501 7.5dB
11739,V,27501 6.3dB
11758,H,29501 6.3dB
11778,V,27501 6.2dB
11797,H,29501 6.2dB
11817,V,27501 10.2dB
11836,H,27501 5.9dB
11856,V,29501 6.0dB
11875,H,27501 11.0dB
11894,V,27501 10.6dB
11914,H,27501 5.6dB
11933,V,27501 5.5dB
12012,V,29501 5.2dB
12031,H,27501 10.9dB
12050,V,27501 9.4dB
12109,H,27501 10.6dB
12187,H,27501 11.0dB
12206,V,27501 10.3dB
12265,H,27501 11.1dB
12285,V,27501 11.2dB
12343,H,29500 4.3dB
12362,V,29501 4.3dB
12382,H,29500 3.5dB
12460,H,29501 4.4dB
12515,H,22001 6.8dB
12521,V,22001 5.7dB
12544,H,22001 6.9dB
12551,V,22001 5.6dB
12574,H,23001 5.6dB
12581,V,22001 5.5dB
12603,H,22001 6.1dB
12610,V,22000 6.1dB
12633,H,22001 6.2dB
12662,H,22001 5.9dB
12669,V,21998 5.7dB
 
There is no lock in any 2E spot signal with my 1,25 dish, but the situation is really better now. I guess with a >1,8-2,4m dish it would be possible to receive the 2E spot (perhaps the 2F spot also) here in west Crete. You may see the difference before/after in the following graph:

View attachment 61577


And these are the results of a scan I made earlier today, from 11700-12750 MHz (reception of 2E PE beam is better in mainland Greece)

11719,H,29501 7.5dB
11739,V,27501 6.3dB
11758,H,29501 6.3dB
11778,V,27501 6.2dB
11797,H,29501 6.2dB
11817,V,27501 10.2dB
11836,H,27501 5.9dB
11856,V,29501 6.0dB
11875,H,27501 11.0dB
11894,V,27501 10.6dB
11914,H,27501 5.6dB
11933,V,27501 5.5dB
12012,V,29501 5.2dB
12031,H,27501 10.9dB
12050,V,27501 9.4dB
12109,H,27501 10.6dB
12187,H,27501 11.0dB
12206,V,27501 10.3dB
12265,H,27501 11.1dB
12285,V,27501 11.2dB
12343,H,29500 4.3dB
12362,V,29501 4.3dB
12382,H,29500 3.5dB
12460,H,29501 4.4dB
12515,H,22001 6.8dB
12521,V,22001 5.7dB
12544,H,22001 6.9dB
12551,V,22001 5.6dB
12574,H,23001 5.6dB
12581,V,22001 5.5dB
12603,H,22001 6.1dB
12610,V,22000 6.1dB
12633,H,22001 6.2dB
12662,H,22001 5.9dB
12669,V,21998 5.7dB

it good signal from 1.25 in crete
 
Forum members may pause to consider the real distress that this move has caused thousands of expats all over Europe. My satellite news site has had literally hundreds of reception reports today, almost all with loss of BBC channels. They are now coming in far faster than I can read them. Some are quite heartbreaking. I had one from a seriously ill bedridden pensioner in southern Spain whose British TV was a lifeline. No more. I am going to collate all reports and will try to share them here if possible. I've had many thousands of visits to the site today. It's a major issue for many, who typically do not understand the technicality of it all.
 
Forum members may pause to consider the real distress that this move has caused thousands of expats all over Europe. My satellite news site has had literally hundreds of reception reports today, almost all with loss of BBC channels. They are now coming in far faster than I can read them. Some are quite heartbreaking. I had one from a seriously ill bedridden pensioner in southern Spain whose British TV was a lifeline. No more. I am going to collate all reports and will try to share them here if possible. I've had many thousands of visits to the site today. It's a major issue for many, who typically do not understand the technicality of it all.

Quite an amazing range of responses here too. From "How can they do this?", "Why are they doing this", "That's it, I'm going back to England" (seriously!!), to the more resigned "Oh well, it's been good while it lasted", "Need to learn Portuguese now" and "Will be spending more time in the pub".
 
True, just wanted to let constacia rafter SID tp's. :-doh

@ Analoguesat
The forum not to be updated, I have 2 x 24" monitors with Firefox 4 windows + translator and not give to read all the post moves, so that I can lock or lock. :-wow
Pointing the info you give peers, reviewing and comparing in Madrid.
Looking for 2 tuners (DB800S-HD/Vu + Duo ²) and the spectrum analyzer.
-----------
Cierto, solo queria dejar constacia del cabio de SID de los tp's.

@ Analoguesat
El foro no para de actualizarse, tengo 2 x monitores de 24" con 4 ventanas Firefox + traductor y no doy para leer todos los movimientos de post, suerte que se bloqueo o me bloqueo yo.
Apuntando la informacion que dan los compañeros, revisando y comparando en Madrid.
Mirando en 2 sintonizadores (DB800S-HD/Vu+Duo²) y el analizador de espectro.
 
i think you need edit channel editor
data channel to tv channel and save again
and reload again to your decoder
 
Forum members may pause to consider the real distress that this move has caused thousands of expats all over Europe. My satellite news site has had literally hundreds of reception reports today, almost all with loss of BBC channels. They are now coming in far faster than I can read them. Some are quite heartbreaking. I had one from a seriously ill bedridden pensioner in southern Spain whose British TV was a lifeline. No more. I am going to collate all reports and will try to share them here if possible. I've had many thousands of visits to the site today. It's a major issue for many, who typically do not understand the technicality of it all.
Ditto here - if it was not an email, it was a facebook message, and by the time you cleared one batch, another batch came along! And my server sent me an email as they though something was wrong due to the heavy traffic!!! And in the same way, many people "down south" that have been affected more than my area have been really concerned and just do not know what to do - they cannot afford or are not allowed a larger dish, cannot afford a monthly iptv subscription, and for some free streaming is just too alien for them. And sorting out one of the hot questions been banded around in the past few weeks by some "installers / yeehaaaas" "I have been told if I subscribe to the full sky hd package I will get all my bbc channels back!" -
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top