Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wondered on which satellite 11.464 and 11.479 are. Cant be 2F, cant be 2E, so has to be 1N. But then, they are weaker than 11.008... maybe 1N PE 2 ?
Yeah I can't see where else but 1N PE2 as they come in on a 80cm dish in Finland, no problem. My 1.8m couldn't see the 1N PE1 beam at all, 2F is barely visible and, well, 2E didn't exist...
 
Yeah I can't see where else but 1N PE2 as they come in on a 80cm dish in Finland, no problem. My 1.8m couldn't see the 1N PE1 beam at all, 2F is barely visible and, well, 2E didn't exist...

what tp on astra 1n use pe 2 ?
 
11509 ? nothing here on that frequency...

Solly do you get 11464 and 11479 ? here they are both 16.5 dB (125cm).
 
They are about 13-14dB on my 80cm and about 17dB on the 1.8m in Helsinki, which is as strong as 2A North but in the wrong band.
 
to be honest I expected a bit more of 1N PE, well even the 1N UK "spot" is stronger here. The remaining 1N "spots" come in with 17.8dB... and it wont be much stronger once it will be on 19.2 I think...
 
Yes, of course that's the next worry, how 1N will behave at 19.2E and if they'll use the spot over Spain or something, but that's probably a discussion for another thread...
 
Yes, of course that's the next worry, how 1N will behave at 19.2E and if they'll use the spot over Spain or something, but that's probably a discussion for another thread...


Quite so ;)
 
I think just the data on 11464H, 11.479V, and 11.509V
We'll have to keep an eye out for migration of these TP's. They could also go to 2F's PE beam but we wouldn't know either way if it was 2E or 2F.
 
new data 12129v 16 apsk
data
 

Attachments

  • astra 2a 12129v 16apsk.gif
    astra 2a 12129v 16apsk.gif
    81.1 KB · Views: 55
that good idia to open end of this weekend new discotion of astra 1n


Well I'm exhausted from setting up all the 2E Topics, so am very happy for someone else to kick the 1N story off!
 
Anyone got any idea why 10847V and 10935V (the 8PSK transponders) should be so much lower for me than the rest. Up to 1.3dB lower. Originally I thought it could be stability of the LNB, but 8PSK transponders on 2F perform the same as QPSK ones using the same LNB. Any other thoughts what could be causing this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top