Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current orbit is slightly elliptical so 2E has a daily cycle wandering between 28.30 and 28.42.

I realigned my 1.8m dish yesterday. Graph attached. Look at around 17:30. Picked up lots of signal on 2E for almost no trade-off on 2F.

View attachment 61818
Very interesting. I imagine you are now focussed between the two sattelites ? 1 - 1.5db gain is i think a jump in dish size e.g 1.2 - 1.5 ?
 
I imagine you are now focussed
I used 10818V as the guide. Plenty of signal on 2F so I concentrated on 2E and it doesn't seem to have affected 2F at all. If anything it has improved a tad. If I map the current level for the last 24 hours against the daily trend since switch-on I get this.
deviation-from-the-mean.webp
 
It's not like you to speculate, solly: We normally rely upon you for the Facts! :D
 
I realigned my 1.8m dish yesterday. Graph attached. Look at around 17:30. Picked up lots of signal on 2E for almost no trade-off on 2F.

Interesting .... being in the same area as you and having a 1,2 offset makes me thinking on readjusting the dish

can you confirm if the gain is noticeable across the day ?
 
can you confirm if the gain is noticeable across the day ?
You can see it in the graph in post #502. That is today's SNR compared to SNR since switch-on. So, for example, baseline is signal reading since Thursday at 6am, split into 10 minute sessions on all QPSK transponders. Then today's reading is superimposed on that baseline. So anything above 0dB is better than an "average" day. Right now I'm about 0.5dB up on 2E across the whole day.
 
You can see it in the graph in post #502. That is today's SNR compared to SNR since switch-on. So, for example, baseline is signal reading since Thursday at 6am, split into 10 minute sessions on all QPSK transponders. Then today's reading is superimposed on that baseline. So anything above 0dB is better than an "average" day. Right now I'm about 0.5dB up on 2E across the whole day.

I should have thought to filter out the weather differences the most obvious measure is the change when you adjusted the antenna ?
 
So 12441V is also active, is this also on 2A South beam do we think?

Hi

I can't tell. I'm having a hard time distinguishing 2A South from 2E PE at my location.

Regards,
Bengt
 
That's not going to happen. Positions are registered with ITU and you need to have a satellite in that slot to maintain rights the position.

Eutelsat will not have any satellites at 28.5 but they're not going to lose the slot. I;m sure there's some leeway.
 
Center of box ,window center is 28.35. and will be there at least 25.02.14..ses.com

What difference, if any, would this make to fringe reception?
 
what is mean centerbox ?
It relates to the exact position they intend to maintain the satellite within its permitted space. The relevance of the data is that it proves they have no intention to relocate the satellite during the period shown.


Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
SUBJECT: ELEVEN PARAMETER EPHEMERIS FOR Astra-1N/ 28.20 DEG. E

YEAR MONTH DAY HOUR MINUTE SECOND
2014 02 12 23 00 00

THE EPHEMERIS VALUES ARE:

LM0 LM1 LM2
DEG. E DEG/DAY DEG/DAY/DAY
27.9933 -0.5787 0.000834


LONC LONC1 LONS LONS1
DEG. E DEG/DAY DEG. E DEG/DAY
-0.0066 0.0012 -0.0039 0.0005


LATC LATC1 LATS LATS1
DEG. N DEG/DAY DEG. N DEG/DAY
0.0260 0.0015 -0.0269 0.0008

THE NOMINAL ORBITAL LOCATION FOR THIS SATELLITE IS 28.20 DEG. E

THE PREDICTED SATELLITE LONGITUDE AND LATITUDE AT 170 HOURS AFTER
EPOCH ARE 23.9374 DEG. E AND 0.0192 DEG. N

Looks like 1N is on it's way to 19.2E
 
Mod. Note

As advertised, and as further advised by Schroeder above 1N is most definitely moving Westwards

Member dmaavrigdo provides further evidence here



Can we please continue substantive discussion of 1N in the linked Topic alone, now that she no longer has relevance to what will go on at 28E?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top