Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 3

In the words of Monty Python

Stop it - this is getting silly

:D

Im having a couple of nights off from the map & I'll pick it up again probably Friday evening when Ive got a beer in my hand. I want to catch up on updating the satellite receivers for new channels & do some hunting for old episodes of top of the pops...
 
I have a better signal this morning here in Tuscany, all channels except Ch5 OK, including BBC news HD. Has 2E been nudged over a bit or is it weather related? Any guesses?
 
I have a better signal this morning here in Tuscany, all channels except Ch5 OK, including BBC news HD. Has 2E been nudged over a bit or is it weather related? Any guesses?

Sounds like your dish is just more focussed on 2e today ! If you move your dish a tiny bit right or left (not sure which) you may lose 2e and get 2f as 2f is the stonger ! No changes for me here In Slovakia.
 
I was planning to update the map tonight, but our bb connection is dropping every couple of minutes so looks like its not going to happen....
 
No pr bl m

W can w it :D
 
The map will be updated over the weekend when Im a bit more with it - its been a looooooong week at work trying to sort out software glitches.......
 
In the last few days I had a much better signal ,2 days ago ,24/24 of good reception(except 5 ch) .But I have to say that I changed the London postal code to the The West Yorkshire one.....(Leeds etc)....It happened in this way:My wife likes "The chase"but the picture started to scamble,and we were ready to watch it on streeming....But before,I had an intuition and decided to find the postal code of an hotel in the Leeds area....Then I put it in my Humax freesat decoder and immediately I had a perfect picture of the programme "The chase" and the good signal from BBC,ITV,CH.4 (chan 5 rarely)lasted at least until 8 CET,when I went for supper..This morning still good..
 
... I changed the London postal code to the The West Yorkshire one...
ITV London is on TP44 which is vertically polarised; ITV Yorks W is on TP53 which is horizontally polarised. So it looks like the H polarised channels are slightly stronger for you.
 
I have a better signal this morning here in Tuscany, all channels except Ch5 OK, including BBC news HD. Has 2E been nudged over a bit or is it weather related? Any guesses?

That sounds optimistic for the Tuscany area although I still get nothing with my 1.20 dish. Now the weather has improved I will ask the local sat engineer to come and give his opinion.....:cool:
 
That sounds optimistic for the Tuscany area although I still get nothing with my 1.20 dish. Now the weather has improved I will ask the local sat engineer to come and give his opinion.....:cool:

Good luck with your bloke Curly. My reception has improved again since that last report, we are almost back to normal in good weather, I'm thinking a 1.5 with feedhorn is going to be enough to get all channels in all weathers. Let us know how you get on.
 
Which are the weakest transponders on the astra 2E pan european beam?

If metioned before missed it.
 
Which are the weakest transponders on the astra 2E pan european beam?

If metioned before missed it.
It might depend on your location, but in Southern Finlandthe higher frequencies tend to be weaker. There are reception reports in the Scandinavian thread.
 
here it is 12460, 12344
 
Good luck with your bloke Curly. My reception has improved again since that last report, we are almost back to normal in good weather, I'm thinking a 1.5 with feedhorn is going to be enough to get all channels in all weathers. Let us know how you get on.

Will do. I've just read this comment on the skyinmadrid website :

From La Spezia, Italy.
"Signal and reception of BBC 1 etc including ITV Channels 4 & 5 returned Saturday 8 March by installing; · Gibertini OP150 offset dish , · Ddigital LNB 0.1dB, Humax Foxsat HDR, freesat box, Location 10 km south east of La Spezia Italy. The technician told me the signal strength is 70 dB The Humax Information bar shows Strength 85% - Quality 65% Clear blue sky Before the satellite change my dish was a Gibertini 125 Offset with an Invacom universal LNB 0.3dB I hope this will help others Thank you for your very helpful information on your website."
Regards David
 
Just noticed that 11739V disappeared this morning around 8 am. Not sure what it carried.
 
The next map update should be over the weekend with any luck.
 
this is how 2E is moving east-west:
25/02 16.30 28.3365
25/02 19.30 28.3357 0.0013
26/02 15.30 28.3296 0.0081
27/02 02.00 28.3279 0.0111
27/02 15.30 28.3276 0.0136
-----------------------------------
east move
27/02 21.00 28.3280 0.0144
28/02 02.15 28.3290 0.0146
28/02 05.15 28.3303 0.0142 -0.001801
28/02 08.00 28.3320 0.0136 -0.001762
28/02 16.15 28.3345 0.0130 -0.001777
28/02 18.45 28.3354 0.0127 -0.001773
28/02 21.45 28.3366 0.0124 -0.001766
01/03 03.00 28.3395 0.0111 -0.001668
01/03 08.15 28.3447 0.0078 -0.001367
01/03 14.45 28.3496 0.0051 -0.001071
02/03 20.15 28.3649 -0.0059 0.000191
03/03 08.00 28.3675 -0.0091 0.000628
03/03 16.15 28.3695 -0.0116 0.000977
----------------------------------
west move
03/03 23.15 28.3676 -0.0116 0.001055
04/03 02.00 28.3660 -0.0111 0.001026
04/03 18.30 28.3582 -0.0092 0.000960
05/03 02.00 28.3551 -0.0085 0.000938
05/03 05.45 28.3534 -0.0079 0.000899
05/03 08.15 28.3525 -0.0077 0.000901
05/03 16.15 28.3500 -0.0071 0.000895
05/03 18.45 28.3491 -0.0067 0.000874
05/03 21.45 28.3482 -0.0065 0.000870
06/03 18.30 28.3427 -0.0045 0.000804
07/03 05.15 28.3404 -0.0035 0.000764
08/03 07.15 28.3361 -0.0006 0.000569
09/03 07.30 28.3315 -0.0053 0.000235
09/03 21.30 28.3300 0.0083 -0.000721
----------------------------------------
east move
10/03 06.45 28.3303 0.0096 -0.000969
11/03 22.15 28.3396 0.0087 -0.001203
12/03 17.00 28.3482 0.0041 -0.000771
13/03 18.00 28.3596 -0.0036 0.000135
(from ses.com ,ephemeris data 2E)
 
Back
Top