Astra 2E: On Hold At 43.5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we need is our friend Waveguide to "up periscope" and have a peek.

I'd be glad to help if I could. Even if we have no snow and 5 to 10 degrees plus I must find
my skis, without them I would sink knee-deep in the mud in my garden. It's raining a lot
so a powerful water filter on the lens is also needed. Periscope weather all the time - how did you know?

Could I change my signature to "Wave Breaker"? Waveguide seems a bit weak really.
"Dear clouds, rain and waves - please go somewhere else!" doesn't work - need some
more authority to get clear skies and photos.
 
I wonder if 2E will start to make it's move west from the 6th? Most people will be back in to work and change freezes across various businesses lifted from this date onwards, Astrium and SES will have been in change lockdown apart from BAU operational issues. I think once we've seen 1H make it's home at 19.2E all eyes need to be on 43.5E then for 2E's next developments. Lets hope the Swedish weather improves for next week. As the beacon should still be active this can be tracked too.

It's nice to have discussed 1H during its transition as could be relevant to 28.2E if it has any impact on the movement of 2C there. At least even if 2E isn't moving there's one satellite that is!!
 
1H will be at E21B 21.6E imminently. Its 11707.5MHz beacon already in sight when this scan was taken on E21B. At present, a few pulses eastwards peaks it up, maybe around 21.8E. Time: 23:00 02/01/2014.

Azaal TV is at centre marker (11691V), 1H beacon is at the red marker.

Note to myself -must set the Promax to correct time.
 

Attachments

  • 1H @ 21.6E.webp
    1H @ 21.6E.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 66
all eyes need to be on 43.5E then for 2E's next developments. Lets hope the Swedish weather improves for next week. As the beacon should still be active this can be tracked too.

Jest checked 2E's beacon M60. Still keeping station at 43.5E...
 
Note to myself -must set the Promax to correct time.

Have you been spending a few days in your time machine? o_O
 
1H will be at E21B 21.6E imminently. Its 11707.5MHz beacon already in sight when this scan was taken on E21B. At present, a few pulses eastwards peaks it up, maybe around 21.8E. Time: 23:00 02/01/2004.

Azaal TV is at centre marker (11691V), 1H beacon is at the red marker.

Note to myself -must set the Promax to correct time.

wow it 21.8 east now ?
 
Was about there last time I checked this morning solly . Satellite's below the arc at present , can't update until it's 'visible' here later today.
 
There's at least two that I know of, presumably for UK and Europe tests. I'm using 12493V (Europe?), the other one is 11707V (UK?)

12493V at 43.5E: Updated 13:45 03/01/2014.
 

Attachments

  • 2E Beacon 43.5E 12493V.webp
    2E Beacon 43.5E 12493V.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 72
today morning astra 1h 21.2 e
next week astra 1h will be 18 e on 11 january
 

Attachments

  • astra 1h 11 january 18 e.gif
    astra 1h 11 january 18 e.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 45
Extrapolation for 11 January is only valid if she keeps on going - and the consensus remains that she will park at 19.2E.

Almost there.
 
Extrapolation for 11 January is only valid if she keeps on going - and the consensus remains that she will park at 19.2E.

Almost there.
Yes G. that's what I assumed. solly's latest update confirmed this morning here by my beacon reading.
 
I've got a good optimistic feeling this week that we might finally see some movement with 2E, here's hoping!
 
Astra 1H almost at 19.2E. Centre arrow is on its beacon, to the left is an Astra 19.2E beacon. I have no problem locking an Astra channel. Ignore the shown frequency, I'm doing an off-centre scan of whatever channel it is (not centred on the TP).

The box showing MI is the 1H beacon B/B marker frequency - I was slightly off of 11707H.

21:18 05/01/2014
 

Attachments

  • Astra 1H near 19.2E.webp
    Astra 1H near 19.2E.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Astra 1H almost at 19.2E. Centre arrow is on its beacon, to the left is an Astra 19.2E beacon. I have no problem locking an Astra channel. Ignore the shown frequency, I'm doing an off-centre scan of whatever channel it is (not centred on the TP).

The box showing MI is the 1H beacon B/B marker frequency - I was slightly off of 11707H.

21:18 05/01/2014
I didn't think it was arriving for another couple of days - obviously the tracking sites are a bit slower at catching up or they've raised it's orbit a bit to get it there faster? N2yo shows it at 20.9E, what's your rough guess at it's position now, closer to 20.0E (give or take +/- error)?
 
Applying handbrake now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top